Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Recently found out that International Marine in the US has a very limited number of these interface cables available programmed with software V 2.30 that suits Suzuki engines from 2002 up to 2008.

Occasionally I see someone here on Ausfish looking to set up one of these earlier year Suzuki engine on a NMEA2000 network, and these cables are the ones needed for the 2008 and earlier engines.

They will also work with engines up to 2012 if they are updated to software V 2.5.0 or 2.7.0. Which is easily done if you have a Lowrance or Simrad display on the network.

Here is the link to the site, if you want one you should get in quickly, they will go fast, they are becoming very rare indeed.

http://www.internationalmarineservic...-88149-230.htm
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Hi Moonlighter whilst on the subject I plan on not running analogue TRIM gauges or RPM gauges just run a C10 that are currently connected , can you let me know what i need to do to send the trim signal across the nmea 2000 network from the engine I will be changing the engine harness connection from the analogue to the digital digital plug on the engine side , and connect the interface cable directly directly behind the dash to the appropriate harness plug, there will be a Simrad to display all the engine data The engine is a suzuki df90A 2008/9 serial number 09002F-980299 .. thanks for the tips on Hull truth

The A series engines send trim data to the network via the main 4 pin interface cable plug when connected the way you are planning.

So apart from calibrating the trim in the C10 or Simrad, no othr wiring is required.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thank you moonlighter you are a wealth of information .👍

Hi Moonlighter you wouldn't happen to have a download of the Original C10 Software Version 1.1-50.2.116 or know where I can be downloaded it from ,probably going to need it when I run the C10 with Suzuki 2.9 interface Software .

Quote Originally Posted by fromeo View Post
    Hi Moonlighter you wouldn't happen to have a download of the Original C10 Software Version 1.1-50.2.116 or know where I can be downloaded it from ,probably going to need it when I run the C10 with Suzuki 2.9 interface Software .
    sorry, no I dont have that version.

Here is a link where you can download version suitable for running with V2.9.0

https://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

btw, where are you getting the C-10 from?

Good evening Moonlighter, Do you know if the Simrad IS 35 can be reflashed with the C10 software by users like the LMF gauges could with the *luf files?

Would value your feedback on this, Many thanks, Ian

I asked same question, and was told by someone who tried, that no, they cant be flashed to make them into a C-10.

Many thanks for that much appreciated.

Hi Moonlighter.
    Can you tell me if i have a 2013 suzuki do i require a 2.7 cable or 2.9?
    I have a 2.9 cable now running to simrad evo 3, and engine data constantly drops out (reselct it in data sources and then a few minutes later it drops again and so forth)
    I was told a little while ago that it was 2.7 cable i needed but havent been able to get my hands on one. any ideas where i might get one to try?

2013 Suzuki needs interface version 3.5.0. Wrong sw version is likely to cause drop out issues.

You should double check this by visiting the following link and checking your engine serial number against the ones in the table that apply for V 2.9.0 and 3.5.0.

At the same link you can download V 3.5.0, save it to an SD card and upload to your interface cable. Just check the 2 versions of the cable to make sure you download the correct version of 3.5.0 to suit your cable.

It is all explained at the link:

http://ww2.lowrance.com/Suzuki

To upload it once you have saved the file to SD card, put the card into your Simrad. Turn engine key on to where it beeps. In the Simrad menu, find Files, then find the SD card, then highlight the V3.5.0 update file and hit upload. Follow the prompts, its easy.

Will give it a go when i get home in a couple of weeks, I once mentioned the V3.5 to the service center i have been using and was looked at like i had 2 heads. they had never heard of it and just been pushing to sell me the digital gauge. Anyway if this does work i owe you a beer.

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom22 View Post
    Will give it a go when i get home in a couple of weeks, I once mentioned the V3.5 to the service center i have been using and was looked at like i had 2 heads. they had never heard of it and just been pushing to sell me the digital gauge. Anyway if this does work i owe you a beer.
    I am assuming that you dont have any digital guages now, but simply have a basic NMEA2000 network with the Suzuki interface cable connected to the network along with the Simrad and a power source.

That being the case, I am very very confident that you will be buying me that 🍺! A Pure Blonde will be fine! 🙂

Let us know how you go. If you are in Brisbane area and have any difficulties I can likely help out.

note: the digital gauge they will want to sell you is likely a new OEM Suzuki gauge that doesnt use an interface cable at all - it connects directly to the engine gauge harness behind the dash. It really doesnt give you anything much that you are already not getting with the Suzuki interface connected via the network to the Simrad.

I am confident that with the right interface software version uploaded to your existing cable, you will be good to go.

Also, just one other thought - your network T’s and cables MUST be set up to look like this:

terminating resistor - T - T - T - terminating resistor.

And the interface cable, cable to the Simrad, and the power cable MUST be connected to the leg of the T’s. Ideally, power should go to the centre T.

Make sure its set up like that, or it will NOT work properly.

Just checked the S/N against the table from that lowrance link and sure enough it is in the 3.5 range. im keen to get home and try it out.
    yes what you have described is pretty much bang on, Simrad, interface cable connected through NMEA2000 and the analogue RPM and trim gauges. the main thing i am missing is tracking fuel usage as i don't have a dedicated gauge and because it drops in and out so much it doesn't track accurately. I have 300l fuel tank so it hasnt been a safety issue in that i always know i have enough but would be nice not to have to dip the tank after every trip to work out fuel usage.
    I am up at the sunshine coast so will be in touch to let you know how i get on.
    Pure blond it is.

Where can I get a Suzuki interface cable in brisbane I have a 2016 engine with a supplied ver 2.7 but gmi 20 gauge does nothing want to try new interface lead thanks