Thread: Axiom side imaging pictures

Axiom side imaging pictures

Anyone got some good axiom screenshots to share? A distinct lack of feedback on web...

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Axiom side imaging pictures

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/axiom-a...go-screenshots One pic posted here. I haven't really used mine yet--just back from a three week trip where I thought it would get some use, but circumstances and my particular setup worked against me. No fault of the unit itself. I had fitted the RV-100 on a sliding transducer, as I leave the boat, on this particular annual trip, on an endless rope mooring, and load and unload through the transom door on a beach with some surge. The sliding transducer was to a) have the transducer able to be slid up so it wouldn't ground in the surge, and b) to keep it up away from snagging on the endless rope as it swings over it, a perennial problem. we forgot to slide it up once, got bent upwards. Sorted that, then the bloody rope kept catching it and bending it down. So, I hardly had it pointed in the right direction the whole time. When I did, it actually seemed to work well, and the 3-D marked big fish ( sails) in 60-70m just before they rose to attack the baits on a couple of occasions, which was my primary use envisaged for it. I don't know if i saved any screenshots, I'll have to download form the card and have a look.