Thread: Saragossa SW 10000 grinding under load

Saragossa SW 10000 grinding under load

Hello Learned People,
    A mate of mine has a couple of SW 10000 reels that make a horrible grinding noise when he is winding in a fish and the reel is under load. He as had the reels serviced and when they are dismantled, there are no obvious signs of wear and the bearings feel like the are fine. I have tried doing interweb searches, but nothing of interest is showing up.
    Does anyone else have a history of this happening, or any advice?
    Cheers

Re: Saragossa SW 10000 grinding under load

First thing I would be checking is the line roller bearing. Easiest way to do it is to take the roller and bearing off and temporarily run the line around the axle in the back yard. Haven't seen this in a gosa specifically but have seen this with a high end Daiwa.

I have a 20000 that did the same after a fairly tough trip to FNQ. I sent it to Shimano for a service/repair and although I'm not sure what the problem was, they fixed it under warranty. I suspect it was something to do with the rollers around the main spindle allowing the spool to get slightly off line.

I have had this in a few reels Stella 8000 and a Saragossa 18000 old model both time was the roller baringon the bail areyou can spin it and it sounds fine but once pressured it makes a horrible sound
    to get fixed...exactly what scottar advised
    happy days ahead summer is coming