Thread: Stradic Fi

Stradic Fi

If anyone is able to post a picture or diagram of the inside of the drag knob for an Fi series stradic I would appreciate it....the diagram of the reel that comes with the reel doesn't show it. I think I have lost a washer or 2 when the knob fell apart.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Stradic Fi

No thanks though m8. The knob actually breaks down but Shimano diagram doesn't show. Cheers

I've got 2500, 5000 and 8000 in that series. Which one you chasing?

3000 mate. So 2500 is the same. Cheers!

No worries. Will strip one down tomorrow night after work and take a pic.

Thanks m8!

Pretty sure drag knobs are sold as a complete part by Shimano even though they have separate components,If your schematic has a key number for the knob and not the internals that's how you order/get it.

Yes thanks m8. I agree. Scott unless yours falls apart dont force it m8. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Yes thanks m8. I agree. Scott unless yours falls apart dont force it m8. Cheers

Too late . Pretty simple inside but getting the spring to re-seat took a couple of goes

Stradic Drag Knob..jpg

Thanks champ. Very much appreciated. I have lost the bits that make the clicks as the drag knob is adjusted. My drag knob does not apply enough force on the drag washer stack before that little piece of threaded square bar reefs out of the plastic drag knob handle. So I suspect the reel is due for some new (perhaps carbon) drag washers. For now inhave shimmed the drag button with more of the shims shown in your photo Scott and that lockes up the drag nicely. Cheers!

...in other words the shaft of the reel protrudes so far above the spool on mine that to tighten the drag knob for full drag is causing the threaded centre of the drag knob to pull out! Cheers mate.

Has the reel spent any time with the drag left locked up. Maybe the spring has lost some tension? Could also be the drag washer stack or the shims behind the spool. Check that the star washer hasn't migrated down the main shaft (cant remember if this is fixed on these). I had a reel do that once

Downrigger shop sells sheets of carbontex drag washer material in a couple of different thicknesses.

Far cheaper to cut your own washers from the sheet than buying them.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thanks guys. I decided to go standard and give the old girl a new lease on life. So Shimano drag knob and and 3 x stock (felt) drag washers coming up from.Shimano in Sydney for 30 clams. Well worth it. Reel will get a clean out, tiny bit of Shimano white grease, a squirt of Corrosion X inside and out and put back to work. Cheers