Thread: Wading gear

Wading gear

I mainly fish estuary, gold coast, Ballina etc. Land based sometimes I'd like to step out in the shallows a little more, I don't like the full on waders, does anyone know where I could get some pants type waders, that are reasonably priced and ok for this? Especially local, if possible. At present I just wear jeans and my runners, which isn't ideal, cheers in advance.

Re: Wading gear

Almost any decent tackle store will have them, if not, they could certainly order them for you, there is lots of types, thigh high, waist high, and full chest waders, then there is ones with a full boot type of thing, or a softer boot, one thing, if you have hairy legs, they will pull hair and pinch when water pressure forces them tight against your skin!

Thanks Noel, I agree about your comments re waders, but I'm particularly after just pants type with say a belt, which I thought someone here might have experience with,I can't seem to find these in our stores.
    Cheers

What shops are you looking in? do you have a place that sells pro fishing equipment? they have some really good (and expensive) ones.