Thread: lowrance rebates

lowrance rebates

so I see there's significant rebates on Lowrance units which to me says significant (hardware) update coming. Possibly integration of Structurescan.
    Only trouble is I just shipped my old unit. How long do you think after the rebates end before the new unit?
    any past experience on this?

Re: lowrance rebates

no word on any new units. carbon is just entering its mid life cycle before we see another system. i would be saying the next systems would be high res versions of their TI range. SS3D intergrated is still a while away,
    i think we may see a new lowrance announced at the end of next year or start of 2020

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    so I see there's significant rebates on Lowrance units which to me says significant (hardware) update coming. Possibly integration of Structurescan.
    Only trouble is I just shipped my old unit. How long do you think after the rebates end before the new unit?
    any past experience on this?
    No there is significantly more competition. Raymarine axiom 9 with 3d is a whole $1000 cheaper than a lowrance equivalent. I saw 3g HDS going very cheap at the boat show, but who wants last year's model anyway, lol.

Yep and Garmin and cheap and well built...Lowrance has to be worried about what Garmin are doing.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

garmin has done well recently with some new tech. wonder how their going with UHD sonar vs Hbids Mega imaging.
    but live scope sonar is pretty cool

www.moosemarine.com.au

Yeah but driving the garmin sucks proper.

????

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I had a hds9 g2. I liked it and am now looking at a 9 or 12 inch unit for my 28ft flybridge. The carbon and the evo3 are definately the same? Im still leaning that way over Garmin. I think id prefer the lowrance over the simrad for ease of use also

the lowrance carbon and simrads do share a lot. both run NOS operating system so v ery very very similar to each other. a few data overlay differencees and the simrad has some more advanced autopilot, radar, networking features higher output sonar. lowrance is cheaper.
    Big things that would sway me to the simrad over the lowrance would be the Wheel key "button that can have 2 configurations programed" the knurled metal scroll wheel/button is easier to move around than the lowrance.

Garmin.... a few more models to chose from so price can be good. a lot more proprietary add ons available. a lot more transducers to choose from.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Lorance carbon are 1kw dual channel same as simrad (incorrectly listed on lowrance website apparantly)navico tech support told me same. Website ordinary

Lorance carbon are 1kw dual channel same as simrad (incorrectly listed on lowrance website apparantly)navico tech support told me same. Website ordinary
    i just looked at lowrance specs and says 500w. Incorrectly listed my foot, thats a blunder of epic proportions or just wrong.
    they have two ports, normal txr and structure scan txr. Each is probably at 500w. This gives you the 1000w which is misleading . For the same money as a carbon, raymarine axiom pro 9 gives you 1000w through the one port.
    its hard enough comparing like for like without misleading info.

Yeah its even listed incorrectly in different places on the website. One part of the website saya 1kw, the other says 500w. They're the same hw different software. But this is the kind of shxt that pisses me off with navico products. They have bugs like that as well. The lowrance has 2 ethernet ports the simrad only one.
    It annoys me because i prefer the carbon but the resale perceptions n for the type of boat is that simrad is.better. if anything thenlowrance isngeared up for more interfacing and has cashback redemptions

Yeah its even listed incorrectly in different places on the website. One part of the website saya 1kw, the other says 500w. They're the same hw different software. But this is the kind of shxt that pisses me off with navico products. They have bugs like that as well. The lowrance has 2 ethernet ports the simrad only one.
    It annoys me because i prefer the carbon but the resale perceptions n for the type of boat is that simrad is.better. if anything thenlowrance isngeared up for more interfacing and has cashback redemptions
    different products for different price points. Yea i know moose will be onto this, better products more expensive yadda yadda yadda. But one cant help but be cynical that products are placed with more or less crippleware. Same phylosophy as electricity bills, phone bills and any other modern exploitation techniques. Confuse, divide and conquer.
    Thats NOT to say the stuff is bad, but a bit more transparency and non gauging pricing could sell more product.

I wouldnt factor resale into anything boating, especially electronics. You will lose big time, thats a given. especially in the secondhand boat market, its just not a consideration when buying. I would factor in 1/4 value after 2 years, junk there after. New gen3s at less than half price at boat show says it all really. Sure would be good as just basic units but that boat was sunk for most of us, lol. I wouldnt spend $3000 on old tech thats for sure.