Thread: New Furuno GP 1971f issues

New Furuno GP 1971f issues

Gday guys, just interested to know if anyone is running the latest Furuno MFD. I gave a mate a hand last week to install his and we took it for a run last night. The main couple of issues we had was 1, not being able to save a track??? And 2, the icon that is the boat only looks to sit in the north direction? It doesn’t matter whether you run North Up, Head Up of Course Up it always faces north? I am sure it will only be settings but is pretty difficult to use at the moment. I’ll attach a pic of us heading pretty well due West and you will see the icon looking North. Any help I can pass on is much appreciated.

Note, there is no manual for it supplied and the help function on the menu doesn’t seem to address these points?

Cheers
    LeeImage1531908748.914904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: New Furuno GP 1971f issues

Haven't had a play with one yet Lee. Check the menu for anything pertaining to a course over ground line or heading line. There may be a selection for it to indicate off either COG (a gps parameter) or heading (a magnetic compass sensor parameter). Also check the data source input setup to make sure it is correct. Can't help on the track save issue. You should be able to download a manual from the FurunoUSA website.

Regards

Scott

https://furunousa.com/en/support/GP1971F

Hi Scottar, thanks so much for this info. I’ll print the manual out for him and have a read myself, that is super helpful alone. The data source selection may well be something if we can access that because he has been given a Garmin antenna to go with the unit. I had previously asked you about this and that is what the dealer has supplied him so I will let you know the outcome.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Hi Scottar, the icon I believe was a setting in the presentation mode, it was set to North Up when it should have been set to head up. We thought that must have been the same setting that was on the front screen option but appears not.
    The tracks seem to be hidden under the main screen and if you swipe in a particular direction I believe the past tracks appear. I don’t think they can be saved as such like my Garmin unit can?
    I haven’t seen the actual fixed issues today but the owner has sent me photos and he is happy.

Thanks for you advice again, you are an extremely helpful fellow.

Cheers
    Lee

He should at least be able to save to card (or maybe USB if it has a slot like TZT2's) Lee if it's information he really doesn't want to lose. I can't recall from memory whether they have facility to terminate and save one track and start another in the TZT2's which have a similar operating system.

Scottar, yes it has a second sd slot that tracks and other info can be saved to so this may be his option. I spoke with him about it last night and he mentioned something about he can change colours of tracks during use then delete the colours (parts of the track) that aren’t required? Seems a bit of messing around but that may be how it works. I think a bit more reading and playing will be required.

Cheers
    Lee