Thread: rous/small ships today 14/7/18

rous/small ships today 14/7/18

been a little quiet over the past year or so selling boats and moving house doing a lot of prawning in the tinny but not much fishing..bought another boat bout a month ago 555 Yalta with a 150 yammie to start fishin again..done a couple of trips here and there but not many...took the oldman out this morning for a whiting fish,dropped pots on the way out will get them tomorrow...got over the rous this morning with a 12knt or so breeze wind against tide so shithouse really but managed to find the fish where we got them last trip,,managed 77 good size whiting between 23-30cm...hooked a few mackerel on the whiting gear but never landed any. we used prawns for bait..heading out tomorrow to get the pots and more than likely go for another crack at the whiting...
    cheers rosco
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Re: rous/small ships today 14/7/18

Good to see your back Rosco.
    I've missed your offshore reports. What year is your Yalta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always knew you’d see the light and realise cats and haines were rubbish rosco. Glad you’ve got a decent boat now!

cats are unreal but the haines was just ok the Yalta is a better boat..100 whiting over there today
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

its a 2007 model mate..once I get the sounders fitted I hope to be doing a lot of offshore trips..currently it has 2/hds 5 units in it..good enough for the bay..will be putting a nss7 and trusty 585 in it hopefully in next week or so..just waiting for scottar to find the time
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Good to hear from you Rosco....

How did the pots go? Might be worth chasing Mackerel there this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    its a 2007 model mate..once I get the sounders fitted I hope to be doing a lot of offshore trips..currently it has 2/hds 5 units in it..good enough for the bay..will be putting a nss7 and trusty 585 in it hopefully in next week or so..just waiting for scottar to find the time
    I'd be interested to see it once it's set up.
    I'm hoping to do the same on my 2009 Yalta555. I'm going to get a price for supply and install from QME.
    (Dick Tracey) I'm sick of stuffing around with my old Humminbird.

Good to see your back into the fishin scene again Rosco.
    What depth did you find the whiting ?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Aquarius we got them in 4.6 mtrs to 7 mtrs..just needed a drift of .5knt or better otherwise the buggers had a real soft bite..
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

What made you sell the 5.2KC mate.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

We went over to the small ships today and got about 60 nice tings, as Rosco said when the breeze and current dropped off they went real timid.

Quality was good to great.

also caught some nice arrow squid so came home with more bait than we went with 😊
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

lovey I sold it to put money back in towards the new house....when u own a 75k boat why borrow extra money from the bank when u can sell and put excess funds in towards the new place..the 1900kc was an ok boat but I was never really happy with the way it rode..it was also one of the wettest boats ive ever been in..ill own another 2400kc down the track 4 or 5 yrs is the plan
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Wet? That’s surprising. When I was looking for a KC a number of people told me the hull shape of the 1900 was inferior in ride to the 5.2kc. I haven’t been in a 1900 but would love to see the difference.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.