Thread: New Humminbirds green zones in colour?

New Humminbirds green zones in colour?

Hi Guys
    My old humminbird 798 ci HD Sides scane just shows fine dotted lines that are hard to see
    I did get the phone app which was a help.........just too hard on the 798

Are the new Humminbird's showing the right colours for the green zones? or still dotted lines?
    If that is still the case,I'll be changing brands, especially after a friend was unintentionally just in the edge, same sounder info and copped a $2100 fine
    ..........Gary

Re: New Humminbirds green zones in colour?

I think the new C-Map pro shows shaded zones in a Furuno unit.
    I was hoping for the same in a Garmin ...... no luck yet may have to change brands.

BigE

Word on facebook is it's coming for garmin

garmin have said they should be integrating new "navionics" data this coming US summer/fall season ......but who knows.
    Have you got the latest map data on your card?

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    garmin have said they should be integrating new "navionics" data this coming US summer/fall season ......but who knows.
    Have you got the latest map data on your card?
    Yes I have, actually updated Platinum + Just as well I have the smartphone app
    .........Gary

hope the Garmin update is true , I like my garmins but I would change brands to get shaded marine zone charting.

BigE

Saw a facebook post tonight of a garmin chart with coloured zones. Might be worth checking with your retailer or on their website.

The C-Map charts show the GBRMPA MP zones shaded in green, yellow, pink etc.

But not the Moreton Bay zones. Suspect this may be because the boundaries of many MBMP zones are not straight lines eg they follow depth contours etc. or it may be because the Qld Govt has made sharing the boundary data with chart makers problematic....

I recently asked Navionics about the MP zones being shaded on their charts and they said “possibly in a future release - its on the list..”
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    The C-Map charts show the GBRMPA MP zones shaded in green, yellow, pink etc.

But not the Moreton Bay zones. Suspect this may be because the boundaries of many MBMP zones are not straight lines eg they follow depth contours etc. or it may be because the Qld Govt has made sharing the boundary data with chart makers problematic....

I recently asked Navionics about the MP zones being shaded on their charts and they said “possibly in a future release - its on the list..”
    Last c-map I got has them Moonlighter. In a Gp-7000f

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Last c-map I got has them Moonlighter. In a Gp-7000f
    Was looking at a new Furuno TZT2 last week (or whatever the latest full touch screen about 14” is called) on a mates boat, running C-map, GZ’s were not shaded in MBMP but were in GBRMP.

Just reporting what I saw myself. We zoomed in around the northern bay areas and could see no shaded green or yellow zones at all. But around Fitzroy etc they were clearly shaded including the pink zone up near Heron.

I would be pretty sure that the zones being shaded or not is a feature of the map on the card, and would be nothing to do with the machine that it is loaded into - is that how it works?

This guy had the latest everything and all installed in last couple of months, so its hard to imagine his map would not have been up to date.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Odd. They are definitely part of the card info and are usually either under value added data or restriction zones buried in the chart set up menu somewhere. Have to admit I was surprised as I had not heard that the MBMP zoning had been done but the colours are there displayed in the same manner as GBRMPA.

20180719_211451.jpg

Image from the C-Map chart. Personally I'm not a fan and wasn't for the GBRMPA zones either. It makes it too difficult to see any small data in the background and in an area with a bit going on it would be possible to miss something...….."charter boat" style. I make a point of familiarising myself with zones an using the Navionics purple lines display or using another GPS (the luxury of having 3 systems I guess) for navigation should I actually want the zoning displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Saw a facebook post tonight of a garmin chart with coloured zones. Might be worth checking with your retailer or on their website.
    where abouts on facebook?
    would be interested to update if it looks ok.
    BigE

Well guys,
    Ive settled for the Zoning app on the iPhone, most probably all I need
    I have to admit, I love the UI on the Humminbird and hope tp upgrade to a Helix mega 9 in the new year
    ...........Gary

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    where abouts on facebook?
    would be interested to update if it looks ok.
    BigE
    Garmin Sonar & Fishing Fanatics.