Thread: problems at 1770

Exclamation problems at 1770

Now that I have your attention. This is not wholly fishing related, but it cuts to the bones of the area.

There is a proposal to have a block on units built on the main street in 1770.

IMO, this is BS and needs to be stopped. many many reasons why.

If you are interested in seeing it stopped, please respond here and I will send over a draft of a submission of objection letter for you to pass onto the CEO Gladstone Regional Council, or you can just run with it your self.

Apart from blocking out the views of the houses behind, it will interfere with the road / parking, be an eyesore from the beach and will start an avalanche of this type of development and it will end up like Noosa, a congested architectural jungle of mish mash and shite.

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: problems at 1770

Does it comply with the relevant planning scheme?

Depends on who's scheme. There is no precedent. The geology tests haven't been done. No EIS. Eyesore. Detracts from current ascetics. Blocks views which will devalue properties. Will create more foot and vehicular traffic. Destroy history. Did I mention ugly ?..............

LP

you will have more chance for success if you object on the criteria it is assessed (by the Council) against.

i don't know the address but:

This plan (I assume it is on here somewhere) tells you the zone: http://www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/docu...7-7dbe86e309d1
    The zones tell you what can be done: https://www.grcplanningscheme.com.au...s/6_zones.aspx

If it complies with the zones, codes and planning scheme policies then you're going to struggle. But this is still the best way to approach it.

If you tell me the address i can have a bit more of a look.

This sets out what Council has planned: http://www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/docu...%20Seventy.pdf

See this bit (in particular building height):

Medium density residential zone
    Provides for medium density unit development in the existing developed area in Agnes Water.
    Neighbourhood character is to be retained through design elements that reduce building bulk and create an attractive streetscape.
    Building heights up to 15m (four storeys) are generally permitted.
    Minimum lot size of 400m2
    A dwelling house, dual occupancy or home based business will be self-assessable development, unless triggered by an overlay.
    Built form is guided by building types e.g. units on minimum frontage 30m, minimum site area 1000m2, 60 per cent maxiumum site coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Depends on who's scheme. There is no precedent. The geology tests haven't been done. No EIS. Eyesore. Detracts from current ascetics. Blocks views which will devalue properties. Will create more foot and vehicular traffic. Destroy history. Did I mention ugly ?..............

LP
    I was referring to the local government's planning scheme

Don't know about QLD, but in NSW, someone losing their view is not an issue, no one owns the view, right or wrong? it's just how it is. I know exactly how you feel though, went down this road before, sometimes "progress" is not moving forward (if you get what I mean)

It’s to special a town to destroy
    Let one in more will follow it is nice the way it is respect it’s historical value for once and let them build down the road
    It also will just increase the chances of damage or theft to our vehicles and trailers when we go offshore
    That is my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    This sets out what Council has planned: http://www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/docu...%20Seventy.pdf

See this bit (in particular building height):

Medium density residential zone
    Provides for medium density unit development in the existing developed area in Agnes Water.
    Neighbourhood character is to be retained through design elements that reduce building bulk and create an attractive streetscape.
    Building heights up to 15m (four storeys) are generally permitted.
    Minimum lot size of 400m2
    A dwelling house, dual occupancy or home based business will be self-assessable development, unless triggered by an overlay.
    Built form is guided by building types e.g. units on minimum frontage 30m, minimum site area 1000m2, 60 per cent maxiumum site coverage.
    Thanks, haven't read it yet. Noted was mention of Agnes Water.... wonder if applies to Seventeen Seventy ?

cheers

OK I have read the document. There is no doubt the zoning for 1770 is " character residential ".... and this development certainly does not fit in this scope, IMO.

copied.
    The zone is to ensure new development recognises and respects the important scenic and heritage character of Seventeen Seventy
    and the natural landscape and existing coastal development character of the Springs Beach/Red Rock area.

New development will minimise visual impacts and prevent buildings from dominating the natural landscape.

What is the address?

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    What is the address?
    576 Captain Cook Drive...
    For those that know the area it is where the Tree Bar is. The plan is to build over the top of the tree and up behind it..
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Agree with you Phil and a real shame, but unfortunately it too will become like everywhere else in time with urban sprawl..

Caloundra, Noosa.. yep I remember how they used to be in the good old days even in my short life..

It is a bit like Brisbane Airport Corp and the decimation of creeks and wetlands for a new runway, nobody wanted it to happen but it did despite people trying to stop it..

Biggest driving factor is money, if there is money behind it for the right people it will go ahead despite people's best efforts.

I am happy to try and oppose with you, send me details please but I feel we may be wasting our ink :/

The whole region is getting a push on for development.
    Hummocky Hill Island is getting a massive resort built in the next few years.....it should be preserved.
    Fantastic waterways behind that island.
    Jack.