Thread: Viewing Lowrance hook 2 7 .USR file on computer

Viewing Lowrance hook 2 7 .USR file on computer

how do i open usr files from the cd card

Re: Viewing Lowrance hook 2 7 .USR file on computer

The USR files are the waypoints etc. Are you trying to extract the data or just move them to a new device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a program called Insight Planner from Lowrance that you can use to manage waypoints and view them on a map. It is apparently only available for purchase to USA based customers now days, although I managed to buy a copy a few years back when it was open to everyone. The program is a bit buggy and crashes a lot but it is easier to organise waypoints on the PC rather than on the unit.

You need a program that can view them. Are you simply wanting to read the data in written format or did you want a map? EasyGPS is a freeware program that can view them.

The attached link is to a cutdown version of Insight planner and was a free program offered by Lowrance some years ago.

You can download and install it on a PC and give it a try. It allows you to view a list of waypoints, see them displayed on a crude map relative to each other, and you can edit them.

no support or warranties available.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6vm24c14iy3uwo/GDM6.exe?dl=0
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....