Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new boat

Talking new boat

Well i went to the boat show and bought a boat.
    Its a 420 renegade SC with an etec 50. I saved about $4000 so i put my money down. It will do everything i need so its a good match.
    I got a similar price for a stacer 429 outlaw SC but in the end, i chose the quintrex.

I dont get delivery till mid september which suits the finance department but just in time for snapper season.

The best part is the sense of releif, i dont have to trawl through boats for sale anymore!

Re: new boat

I have a 4.29 Outlaw with a 50, goes pretty good, I mainly crab in Lake Illawarra, but take it outside now and then too, pretty fair fitout as standard, plenty of storage.

Nice mate. You will have a ball in it. What plans for fit out? What did she cost including trailer? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

$20g is the price. I held firm on my budget and wasnt expecting
    Them to get there. But surprise surprise!
    It had to have max hp.
    Fit out? Mmmm, Axiom 9, bimini, lights.

Congrats and enjoy.

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

Nice one. Consider the Garmin Plus SV95. I'm loving mine. The imaging is excellent and the mapping intuitive. Slippery touchscreen is very sweet. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Nice one dont forget to put up some piccys when it comes.

Ausfish Silver Member

not just good timing for your finance or wateva in september, but just in time for the warmer weather to get out there.. thats what im waiting for, im gettin a bimini etc for me dinghy ready for summer..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Andy well done mate but don't forget the flowers for the missus

Quote Originally Posted by up the creek View Post
    not just good timing for your finance or wateva in september, but just in time for the warmer weather to get out there.. thats what im waiting for, im gettin a bimini etc for me dinghy ready for summer..
    I do "have" to have it for the snapper season, lol.

Has anyone contemplated a wakeboard tower? Its more expensive than a 4 pole bimini but it means a whole lot less verticals in your way when fishing.
    I have done a few rough sketches and it looks ok.

I drew up some for a boat i owned a few months back getting the angles are the hardest part i had purchased a HAFCO pipe notcher and they are a little sloppy so the angles can be off by a bit but it did work here's what i drew and what i built i was going to make it a alloy 1.6mm roof with plastic all around for when it rained i ended up selling the boat and old mate who bought it wanted me to finish it off for him but i am too busy with my own projects

looking to build a custom one off T top for my big boat i am rebuilding going to try make it from 40-50mm tubing for that chunky look to suit such a large boat

Doing the 90 degree pipe notch cuts were the easiest hence i went with that for the cross braces here are pics of how it turned out think i used 32mm 3mm wall aluminium tubing from Capral Aluminium

If i go down that route, i will buy already made. My wife would want something with a bit of bling.
    My skill set is ok but i need a whole lotta tools which i dont really need longterm.

Thats interesting installing a wakeboard tower on a fishing rig, Pros are they look better and stronger than your standard bimini, less vertical obstacles but arent Ski boats generally wider? finding one to fit would be the challenge, if it works let me know and i might bang one on my rig.