Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new boat

Re: new boat

the etec 50 should push along quite well, most of them packages i see are only offering 40 hp, i see with a SC option you have no where to mount a table top bimimi for instance, IMO most are flimsy made with a big price tag, standard bimini does the job but would look crap on your new boat. however if one were to get a swept back design of a smaller wakeboard tower design, it might be bang on . Im now considering myself to find a fab guy to bend up some pipe for me . great idea thanks Andy 56.

Congrats on the new boat.
    Seems like pretty good value for a new boat.

The renegade is wide .
    In my mind i want a bimini that can cover around 11/2- 2m length and can fold down for towing rather than the 3/4m with 8 verticals that seems to be industry standard. I dont need rod racks above either. Wake towers seem to be closer to what i want.
    I will need to see some SS fabricators to see what can be done. The cheapest wake towers are imported for around $800 plus $400 for integrated bimini. Way way over the odds for what you get.
    A targa top, could also be good.

Quote Originally Posted by ben475 View Post
    Congrats on the new boat.
    Seems like pretty good value for a new boat.
    Thanks ben475. I worked out i paid an extra $5g because its a new boat. The $15g budget i had initially also included me doing $5g worth of work cleaning up an old boat. I am here for another 10months and snapper season starts in two. I didnt want to spend the next 6 months working on the boat every weekend. I read everything i could on boat restos and the concensus was it takes a shit load of time. It was an easy decision in the end, lets go fishing, lol.
    i really didnt expect JV to match the money i was willing to spend, but they did and i signed up!

Well this is the style i had in mind for a targa top. Maybe a little more forward coverage.

I decided on an Axiom 9 setup through Moose marine. Still has some boat show specials if you are quick, lol.

The wife has decided it needs a wrap. I rang around and have settled on a local in the sunbury area. Good price . So now the only other thing is to design it and give the boat a name.

The boat is ready to be picked up and I hope to christen it next weekend.

Didnt take much to add another $4500. Budget? what budget.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

That rocket launcher bimini looks good , im thinking of doing something like that. A work mate used to tell me all about how good those renegades are and for the price, im thinking its quite reasonble bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    That rocket launcher bimini looks good , im thinking of doing something like that. A work mate used to tell me all about how good those renegades are and for the price, im thinking its quite reasonble bit of kit.
    Quintrex people are smart so i am surprised they havent come out with a targa top in this style , yet. Its certainly a big step up from a bimini in style and fishability. It would be a great match for all their boat styles.

and what i have rediscovered is that you have to budget another $5000 for the extras when you customise. From what i have seen, even a secondhand boat would cost this much in extras because most have older or cheaper accessories. Sure you could be lucky but i bet the majority aren't.

anyway, i have decded to go fishing rather than stay home working on a boat to count pennies or serve my ego on tradie skills. Hats off to you guys who have the patience to restore or build from kit.