Thread: Wide Caloundra tomorow

Wide Caloundra tomorow

Gday guys, just seeing if any others are taking advantage of this current weather forecast? I’ll be hitting the Caloundra bar around 5.20am and hopefully wide within an hour if the weather and seas are as good as forecast. I have been out of the country for a few weeks so keen for a fish and a feed. Hopefully the snapper and pearlies are hungry. I’ll be on vhf 21 if anyone is lonely, call “One Piece” if your around.
    Good luck to anyone who is heading out in any direction.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Wide Caloundra tomorow

Thanks Lee, keen to see how you go. Forecast looking great except for a few showers. Considering doing an O/N trip on Saturday night out from Caloundra.

Ausfish Bronze Member OcciferNick's Avatar

Yep I’m going out as well. Just moved up so haven’t been through the Caloundra bar before so will head out through Mooloolabah and head south off Caloundra. How far out is Caloundra Wide? I go out to between 50 and 65m...
    “Filthy Oar”
    Stessl 5.3m centre console
    90hp Suzuki

Gday guys, I won’t bother putting up a report as nothing notable to mention. I got my 5 pearlies pretty easily and then only a few parrot and 1 squire. I fished the 80m-100m area. The radio chat was mostly saying pretty quiet however it sounded like quite a few snapper were caught in close early.
    An overnighted tomorow on the 12 mile would probably be a good option I would think. I drive over some great shows of fish there early this morning and was tempted to stop, I wish I had of.

Occifer, mate the Caloundra bar is reasonably easy if you have an idea of bar crossing. I crossed at 5.15am today and there was plenty of water. I came home at 2.30pm which I think was pretty close to dead low and there was still plenty of water.

Good luck tomorow guys, I think there will be plenty of boats out to keep you company

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Occifer, just forgot to mention, if you do go from Caloundra early, as in still dark early, be careful of all the people that choose to fish in the passage with no lights on. Pretty dangerous game for them to play and could end up ugly one day

Thanks mate but I’ll wait to go through with someone or at the very least wait for a nice sunny day to check it out
    “Filthy Oar”
    90hp Suzuki

No Amberjack or kings out that deep Lee?
    “Filthy Oar”
    90hp Suzuki

No mate, 1 BIG shark that wasted a lot of time

Thanks for the report Lee. I was thinking of heading to wide Cal Sunday.

How are you Lee.
    We went out yesterday. Found plenty of snapper at Cal wide.
    Git out bag of 12 pretty quick.

Pushed out out wide looking for my first sunny coast Barr cod. No good, but found a couple of rocks out 210m.

Will throuw a report uo later later when I get som photos.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, I couldn’t find any at all, lots of good shows on the 95-102m edge but couldn’t get a bite. I did think about hitting the bar cod but got lazy.
    Looking forward to the report

Cheers
    Lee

Decided against the overnighter but heading out Sunday, will go through Cal bar about 6am if anyone new looking to follow. White boat "quantum".

Hey Drew, I had a mate fish the 12 mile area today and got their bag of 12 nice snapper. Good luck tomorow and watch the bream on fisho’s on your way out who don’t yet know what lights are