Thread: Winter Spano off GC

Winter Spano off GC

Went out solo on Sat morning for a much around in close and try and get a snapper early then a bottom bash/micro jig. at the 24's about 5.30 sounded until 6.30 and saw nothing resembling a snapper so headed to a mark i have in 50m which is loaded with tailor, flatties and the occasional pearly.

Got a few enough for a feed then a pillie got smashed on the way down and after a couple of screaming runs bitten off. Saw it on the surface wide and could just make out the colour shape. Long and grey assumed a shark.

All morning i was seeing fish individuals and schools at about 20m deep. Couldn't work out what they could have been. Then about lunchtime i got smashed on the bottom on paternoster rig. Again big head shakes and massive screaming runs. Had me stumped but the best i could come up with was a big kingy. Then this popped up next to the boat... A quick gaff and then bitten off when it hit the deck. Rather be lucky then good :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spano.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	117335

Re: Winter Spano off GC

Quote Originally Posted by Nabba1 View Post
    Went out solo on Sat morning for a much around in close and try and get a snapper early then a bottom bash/micro jig. at the 24's about 5.30 sounded until 6.30 and saw nothing resembling a snapper so headed to a mark i have in 50m which is loaded with tailor, flatties and the occasional pearly.

Got a few enough for a feed then a pillie got smashed on the way down and after a couple of screaming runs bitten off. Saw it on the surface wide and could just make out the colour shape. Long and grey assumed a shark.

All morning i was seeing fish individuals and schools at about 20m deep. Couldn't work out what they could have been. Then about lunchtime i got smashed on the bottom on paternoster rig. Again big head shakes and massive screaming runs. Had me stumped but the best i could come up with was a big kingy. Then this popped up next to the boat... A quick gaff and then bitten off when it hit the deck. Rather be lucky then good :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spano.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	117335
    Great work Nabba.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

good work, nice reward what you have a whole pillie drifting in the current?

Nar bottom bash rig with a whole pillie on a gang. Very lucky...