I managed to leave the ramp at 5 yesterday and headed across a flat bay to the 29's.
It was very lumpy early and fishing was slow. We got a finger mark and squire then bounced our way out to square patch. But better shows on the sounder but struggled to get bites. I hugged up a good size Kingie that had some good runs against 9kg of drag pressure.
I got him within sight beside the boat and he made one last dash under the boat and out the back. The leader must have rubbed through on the motor because the leader popped and the kingfish wash gone.
Outlaw Charters met us out there and started doing the same drift, they hooked onto a few solid fish but I didn't see if they landed any.
The sea flattened out around midday so back to the 35's for a triple hookup on squire. My mate dropped his near the surface, my other mate got sharked on a 50 odd cm fish and a landed a 40+cm.
Home with the 3 fish, yet another quiet day offshore.
We managed to stock up on squid and cuttlefish on Saturday night in the bay for whole baits chasing Reds up north in August.
Anyone else get out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk