Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5.2m boats

5.2m boats

Hello there!

This weekend is the Melbourne boat show and it is my intention to leave having ordered a 5.2 ish meter boat. Family fishing boat that we can use for a bit of skiing as well.

I intend to get a 525f Haines Signature with either a 115 merc or suzuki.

I looked at HH but the just dont look as well finished and for some reason they all push me to their 5.35 boat which is too big for my yard. Also looked at evolution but they have a reputation of apparently rolling over, However they have a nicer deck and cabin than the HS.

I am passing on the cheap brands.

Any pearls of wisdom to help me?

Cheers
    John

Re: 5.2m boats

Come say hello whilst your there john Stand C5.

i can say the 5mt evolution is a very very good boat. the roll over thing is hyped up a bit.. and was attributed to their 6.5mt model only.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

for viewing pleasure

www.moosemarine.com.au

If you want a good performing boat, consider a Sea Devil, if you want a popular boat, get a Seafarer, if you want to believe advertising, buy anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    If you want a good performing boat, consider a Sea Devil, if you want a popular boat, get a Seafarer, if you want to believe advertising, buy anything else.
    Too bad neither of those are sold in Vic!!

BS johnjw J V Marine sell Seafarer in Melb.https://www.jvmarine.com.au/seafarer-boats/
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    BS johnjw J V Marine sell Seafarer in Melb.https://www.jvmarine.com.au/seafarer-boats/
    I live 3km away from JV Marine...they used to sell them...

hyped up ? how many rolled again

shame fishnet and a bunch of other forums are dead and all the posts went with them

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    for viewing pleasure

I like the deck drains in that video

Quote Originally Posted by johnjvv View Post
    Too bad neither of those are sold in Vic!!
    You don't buy a new boat every day, I would be looking for what suits me best, not what I can buy conveniently.

how many did roll and what was the reason.

From what ive seen. 3 or 4 6.5's rolled.. all various situations. . . it became a bit of a flavour to just bag out though which i didnt really like. australians are pretty crap at that sort of behaviour. how many cats have rolled on bars?. a whittley rolled earlier this year. its a non starter . case in point here is a 5mt boat as well.

unconfirmed but i think JV has started to move away from the haines group "no longer suzuki etc".. which may suggest signature and seafarer are moving. though i should pop up the road and just ask mark. so....... i wont comment i guess

www.moosemarine.com.au

Fwiw I bought my Evo at the Melbourne Boat Show. I've had my Evo 2 years now, 552 Axis, it's the Centre Console version, they are the same hull as the other 552 models. 6.2m overall length. 552 is the waterline length.
    Ive been through the heads in 7+ meter swell, and travelled from one side of the bay to the other a few times, sometimes in 1+m chop skipping over the swell at speed. No issues at all with the hull. It's too easy to knock a company, ive had nothing but excellent after sales service with my boat. I see it as one of the big positives in being able to go locally back to the factory after the sale. I got to see the progress stages all the way in the build process, and picked and chose what extras went in along the way. I wanted to fit all the electronics myself so I just got them to run the heavy gauge cables within the hull while they were building it. Too easy.
    By all means PM me if you have any specific questions I might be able to help.
    Good luck and enjoy whatever new boat you choose.
    Cheers
    Jamie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really want to look at a Seafarer 5 meter cuddy. They look nice...

I thought JV Marine/haines divorce was known...they were selling Signature and Revival at the same time. They were not doing Signature any favours, they pushed me towards a Revival when looking at a Signature and said they were like for like boats. Also said the premium for the Signature is only based on the name. In addition they have taken on the Merc agency instead of Haines's Suzuki.

The Evo is a nice boat. I looked at one earlier the week. The fiberglass floor makes sense to me. I dont get carpet to be honest.It would be great if Evo had come out and addressed the problem with the rollover officially. Whilst I believe that it is limited to a type of their boats, you have to wonder how the reputation hurts resale.

Quote Originally Posted by 552Evo View Post
    Fwiw I bought my Evo at the Melbourne Boat Show. I've had my Evo 2 years now, 552 Axis, it's the Centre Console version, they are the same hull as the other 552 models. 6.2m overall length. 552 is the waterline length.
    Ive been through the heads in 7+ meter swell, and travelled from one side of the bay to the other a few times, sometimes in 1+m chop skipping over the swell at speed. No issues at all with the hull. It's too easy to knock a company, ive had nothing but excellent after sales service with my boat. I see it as one of the big positives in being able to go locally back to the factory after the sale. I got to see the progress stages all the way in the build process, and picked and chose what extras went in along the way. I wanted to fit all the electronics myself so I just got them to run the heavy gauge cables within the hull while they were building it. Too easy.
    By all means PM me if you have any specific questions I might be able to help.
    Good luck and enjoy whatever new boat you choose.
    Cheers
    Jamie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    get the pop corn ready.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.