Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prado Petrol to diesel - what would I notice?

Re: Prado Petrol to diesel - what would I notice?

Not replacement injectors....servicing them. I think there were some consumables for part of the service but big cost apparently. Service items.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Someone with a 200 and a service manual might post up. From memory the diesel filters are part of the big service. I had read it's an entire injection system service and not cheap
    Cheers

ps. Here are just some links I found on a very quick search...

https://www.facebook.com/berrimadies...4416008268627/

1hz should be replaced at 100,000 - 120,000klms - I think these are 100 series?
    https://www.turbofuelinjectionaustra...rs-HZJ75-HZJ80

but cheap enough for re-conditioned ones it seems. Unless you are mechanical there is labour of course.

I couldn't be bothered spending more time on this...Toyota are trading on a reputation from a long time ago.

Nothing to service - just replace when they get out of spec or fail. Definitely not cheap if you go through Toyota (but what is these days) but aftermarket can be had for a bit over $300 each - not expensive in 200 land

Good to know. Still wouldn't have one but good to see parts getting cheaper. I would sooner have a y62 Patrol with petrol V8.

Cheers

Each to their own. Been a diesel lad since I bought my first Hilux - when diesel was just over 50 cents a litre and half the price of petrol. The Y62 is good value courtesy of abysmal sales. Haven't looked at one myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Hands up anyone who has replaced a set of injectors? they might be expensive, but, unless you have some sort of mishap, they will almost last the life of the motor!
    Just had a new set of injectors, 3” dump pipe and 3” exhaust put onto my ‘05 Patrol (4.2td)

From memory the injectors were about $800

Reputable diesel expert says injectors should be at least checked about 150,000 kms and should definitely be replaced around 200,000 kms

Mine ended up a different vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app