Thread: GPS Screen Cleaner

GPS Screen Cleaner

G'day folks - sort of electronics query!
    Just wanting advice on what you all use to clean your screens with particularly while on the water. I have a 10inch touch screen and find I can make it look pretty ordinary in the first hour despite trying to keep hands clean.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Troy

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: GPS Screen Cleaner

I have prescription glasses that I got from spec savers and they sell boxes of glass wipes in satchels that work a treat.
    Make sure you keep them in a container in your esky so they don’t dry out from heat/sun etc.

https://www.armorall.com.au/products/tech-screen-wipes/

Have used these on all surfaces from car touch screen and Navman GPS to computer monitor in the house. Work just fine. Around $8.00 from Supercheap or one of the other Majors.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Most supermarkets/chain stores like big w/kmart etc have lcd screen wipes either in a container or a bag of individual packets for around $10.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

I spray mine with Rain X

I use Mr Sheen on the phones & tablets around the house.

i use starbrite screen cleaner.. partially because it does an awesome job.. partially because it smells amazing!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks everyone - plenty of options - just wasn't sure if it needed to be anything particularly special! Was mainly concerned about swirling stuff around on the screen and ending up with salt scratches. Will have it sorted this weekend!
    Many thanks to you all - very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    I spray mine with Rain X
    Watch out for the rain x on some plastics. Had tint melt/bubble up on a car of mine that was wiped down with the same cloth used on the windscreen with rain x. The anti fog interior one is different than the external windscreen one but.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

I use a dry microfiber cloth only, no solutions. Removes everything, sunsceen, oils, fish bits etc.