Thread: Best value marine batteries

Best value marine batteries

Hi all
    Just spent a week at 1770 and one if our batteries decided to throw the towel in. That means that battery 2 is not far away from joining him.
    Can anyone recommend two good marine batteries for our boat.
    We have a 21 foot AMM with a 175 suzi and usual electronics. We run lights at nihht and the boat does not get a lot of use.
    As always your knowledge is appreciated.
    Thanks Wayne.

Re: Best value marine batteries

I use supercharge MFM70's. Under $200 each. Last start battery was replaced at 5 years old and current house battery is 6 and still going.

If you are or know a Costco member the exide marine range are quite cheap there and have a 3 year warranty. Exide marine dual purpose msdp31 was $188
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Streaker

I am running these for both start and house ie one each for motors and one for house
    https://www.rjbatt.com.au/wp-content...HCM27SMF-1.pdf they retail for about $220
    The previous one I used for both house and start was AC Delco S95D31 and I use it in my 4.2TD patrol as well. The three of these were in the boat for around 10 yrs before I changed to HCM s

When not boating I charge all boat batteries for about 30 to 60 mins per day on a timer and they seem to last quite well.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Thanks guys for the replies. You have helped a lot.

Another vote for the Supercharge MFM batteries.

I just replaced a pair of MFM50’s on my boat, Suzuki DF115 - 8 years old and were still working, but decided not to push my luck any further. Having had such great service it was a no-brainer to replace them with the same make/model.

Do your batteries a favour and get a decent quality multi-stage auto battery charger, and hook batteries up when boat is laid up. I am certain that this is why mine lasted the 8 years.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Just replaced the house battery to a seamaster gold, good price and good reviews so see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

"Just replaced the house battery to a seamaster gold, good price and good reviews so see how it goes!"

I'm another happy Seamaster user. Usually get 7 years or more out of them. have a little jaycar 'top up' charger permanently connected to it when I'm not using it.

Do you have a cranking battery & a deep cycle house battery ? or are you just running 2 x marine batteries ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I only use marine batteries all hooked up through a bep battery distribution cluster combo with vsr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁