Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barometric pressure ...

Barometric pressure ...

I’m sitting on the fence with this one, but the below article is an interesting read.

https://www.socialfishing.com.au/201...tric-pressure/

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Last edited by shakey55; 29-06-2018 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Barometric pressure ...

Kind of flies in the face of why fishing can be great during big seas caused by low pressure storms? I guess lots of things can influence animal behaviour, but mostly fish are opportunists, if food is there, they eat if they are hungry, not because the barometric pressure is a certain level, and as mentioned, moving just a bit up or down in the water column causes dramatic pressure changes, one test/experiment that would be interesting would be to measure water pressure at a set depth in the ocean and see how much it changes with air pressure, my guess would be half of f@#$ all, now all that said, air pressure can influence wind, that can affect waves, that in turn affect available food in close to shore species, I'm sure it's all very complicated and we will never know for sure.

Blog Entries

for me Saturdays and Sundays are by far when I get my best results. The rest is irrelevant cos I'm going unless really crappy conditions

and remember as Darryl Kerrigan said

Fishing is 95% muscle, 10% skill and the rest is just good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    for me Saturdays and Sundays are by far when I get my best results. The rest is irrelevant cos I'm going unless really crappy conditions

and remember as Darryl Kerrigan said

Fishing is 95% muscle, 10% skill and the rest is just good luck
    LOL , IN me younger days i had a spurt at Pro Fox n Wabbit shooting and unless the moon phases were right you had poor innings ey so there must be a wee bit of influence there for feeding ey ??..
    These last moon phases same as today we had a ball and were releasing much more than we kept , today was a must if the wind Gods allowed which they did and payed off once again.
    Not to say if the weather is spot on but moon Phases or solunar tables are out of kilta that i wont go wet a line but the enthusiasm isnt the same , and noticable many times over ..

OK, a change in air pressure, either higher or lower, has almost unmeasurable influence on water pressure, water be non compressible, and the actual weight of air on the ocean barely changes with pressure variations, take it or leave it, write it in your solar/lunar tables or not, when it's all said and done, fishing is about confidence, if you are more confident during high barometric pressures or a certain wind, go for it.