Thread: Double island lagoon

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Double island lagoon

Hi all has anyone seen the entrance to the lagoon lately and know if it acsess able for a 6.5m offshore boat, planning on meeting some mates who are camping up there. Cheers

Re: Double island lagoon

I kiteboard up there regularly- Possible on a high only, you can be trapped in there as well. havent seen anything apart from tinnies within the lagoon whilst ive been up there (albeit its always windy when i'm there)

Biggest I have seen was about 5.5m. It struggled in through a very narrow chanel but was ok once in. This was back in March and I havent been back up since so wouldnt know what it look like today......which would be different from yesterday and the day before that........that joint changes around so quickly. You could probably just get closer to the beach north of the cutting somewhere......if theres only a small swell theres usually a gutter through that section around the first big dune.

Will. Have just been to double island point today kayaking. I have a 6m pIatey I didn’t see any where I would put it in and be able to drive it onto trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No worries col thanks for the heads up mate, once upon a time you could acsess it for a sleep, appreciate the info guys

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums