https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/meri...del/1152217928

i have seen a few Mercury Opti-Max around the 4750-5k mark too

Re: Whats my Outboard motor worth??

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This is what's in your sale price range of 4-5k

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mulg...-xl/1179006917

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/meri...del/1152217928

i have seen a few Mercury Opti-Max around the 4750-5k mark too
    Yep good examples and no shortage of mid range stuff in and around these listed prices not too mention what they list for and what they settle for are more often than not two very different figures.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

looks like no one has asked? how many hours do you call low hours.?

depends on what you consider low hours, 3-5k ignoring the tacho kit

i did in a way
    normally when its ignored it means the poster knows the answer is unfavourable

Hey Dave just as a sort of comparison for you, I rencently sold twin 90hp mercury 2 stroke saltwater series 2 strokes off our kevlacat. They had 930hours on them but looked the part still. I sold them to a interstate buyer for $5,800.00 with all controls etc. he paid freight as well which was $600.00 I think we may have had it a little easier as not many twin outboards in the lower hp come up for sale secondhand.

It was more work to freight interstate but at the end at the end he paid asking price. They were on for 3weeks on gumtree. Being a single engine you will be competing with as stated and brand of outboard as most people will look at price over brand. Just by your time and you may get someone interested I had people wanting to low ball and seperate engines etc and turned them all down until I found a genuine buyer that put a fair size deposit in my account that day.

Trade in value was $1,000.00 for both so I knew if I got about$4,000.00 at least for them I knew I was well in front!

Good luck!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Thanks Skusto,

I am being a bit cheeky with my asking price, but so far I have only had people trying to steal it from me. I am waiting for the "genuine buyer" who appreciates the quality of these Yamaha 2 strokes, and hope fully I get a fair price which is somewhere between my cheeky asking price and some one trying to steal it.

Your probably best just putting your asking price as the sale price because even $500 off the price can deter a buyer just simply because a lot of people just think they dont have enough money or dont want to waste both your time

Dont worry about putting in your add "will not reply to low ballers" ebay and gumtree are absolutely filled with them

Also i had 2k looking at buying a 50hp yamaha i txt the bloke asking about it as i prefer txt over calling and the guy called me i didnt answer than got a anusing txt msg saying i was a kid stuffing him around, the bloke was still trying to sell that very same motor months later so treat any inquiries as genuine buyers

Ausfish Platinum Member

A lot of Gumtree scams are SMS based, which is why I won't reply to them either. You see ads stating no SMS,this is the reason. If you are dinkum, ring.

Ranmar i do a lot of business on ebay and gumtree a good portion well over 50% is done by txt but i guess that is where your reputation comes into it alot of people will google your number or what your selling and ofter the stuff your selling gets mentioned on forums

I was running a small business from home selling outboard parts a good 80% of business were done by txt and emails people had no problem what so ever sending me $350-$400 i made 7 grand in a few months

I think 3k+ if its clean and tidy and relatively low hours. Interestingly I have noticed that in the dirt bike market 4 strokes are on the nose and get very low prices compared to 2 strokes. An interesting comparison.