Thread: Fitzroy 1/6/18

Fitzroy 1/6/18

Hi all

made the last minute decision to load up and race up to Agnes on Thursday night.
    Had some mate staying in town, so crashed with them, and had a late start Friday morning with the forecast being crap, but getting better.

Breeze from the south was solid 15kn, probably gusting better, so an uncomfortable trip north had us fishing near Lamont by around 1pm.

Plenty of RTE plus a nice Spano, and we moved up to Fitzroy for the last hour or two of light. Had a great night of RTE and trout, another Spano plus some bits and pieces, and we tucked into the lagoon for a raft up and few beers.

Breeze settled over night, and we made the call to just return to the front of Fitzroy light the afternoon before, fished through til lunch time, leaving a couple of fish in our bag to stop on the way home on a few shoals.

Boat at back on the trailer by 4pm, for a BBQ back in Agnes, and drive home on Sunday morning.

Got out our bag of reef fin fish made up of mostly RTE and some nice trout. Also got 4 Spanish, and lost many more.

Cant wait to get back up there again.

Cheers Rob
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5454.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	117223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5447.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	117224  

Re: Fitzroy 1/6/18

Nice haul there rob you must have squeezed that trip in mate
    top effort though
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Yeah Scott, ended up being fairly last minute.
    Was going to give you a call, but thought you may have used up all your leave passes on the trip to Moreton earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Yeah Scott, ended up being fairly last minute.
    Was going to give you a call, but thought you may have used up all your leave passes on the trip to Moreton earlier in the week.
    yea I might have been pushing it that week did explain to her I was 🤒
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Good stuff! Heading up this weekend till Monday if this forecast stays good! Just the usual baits? Anything the we’re going for more then the other?

Also so have I launched from turkey beach before heard it is better but a little longer drive?
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Hey Skutso

We caught nearly all fish in 20-30m, on either whole pillies, or flesh baits.
    Not sure about Turkey, i have only gone from Round Hill.

Yer launch from turkey all the time 10km run till the u change direction to head east approx 65km run from there