Thread: How to re-fix my totalscan transducer

How to re-fix my totalscan transducer

Hello team hoping someone can help ?
    I was cruising home last night at 20 knots and Bang Bang Bang in the starfboard aft corner ? WTF I yell.
    I look around to see my total scan transducer decided it wanted to travel home inside the boat 😂😂😂
    Ok I say you can stay there till we get home👍
    Once a the new day arrived I take a look at total damage
    It appears every mounting plug had ripped out of its socket into to hard plastic of the transducer.
    Yes total separation from the steel mounting plate
    All 6 plugs are still attached to the mounted plate
    6 complete holes in the transducer.

Has anyone heard of this before and if so how and if possible can the plugs be glued or some how re inserted back in place ?

Re: How to re-fix my totalscan transducer

Any chance of a pic or two ??..

Hello Volvo.

Im not sure how to upload pics, if you can give me a rough idea I may be able to work it out

Yes mate , if you take the pics with your phone then upload the pics to your PC , you should then be ably to upload the pics to your thread using the manage attatchments me thinks .
    Reason for asking is i once had a skimmer transduce break off at the bit it is attatched to which screws into the metal plate that holds it to the boat.
    I took a trip to the BIg Green Shed and bought some of that two part boding paste which you kneed by hand and glued the two baits back together making sure some went around the the joint as well.
    Had nothing to lose as had and still do have a spare skimmer so gave it a shot..
    No probs whatsoever stuck like shyte to a blanket and still stuck there , where was told it couldnt be done ey ..
    Anyhow look for the pics and might be able to help further ..

hello Volvo.

thanks, mate for your advice.

the ducer is off back to Navico today.

I spoke with them about it and they asked for it back with instruction on sending.

they haven't alluded to anything as of yet but I'll wait and see.

If I get it back with the old (sorry cant help) Ill give your idea a go.

Ill have a play with the uploading.

Navico seem to be good with helping out and think they will come to the party with it..
    Keep us posted..

If it's under warranty and there is no evidence of a physical knock they will most likely replace it without issue. Under warranty Navico are good.