Thread: Offshore Caloundra 28.05

Offshore Caloundra 28.05

Gday guys, just a quick report from a trip today. Left Caloundra at 5.00am today for a pretty adventurous trip across the bar. Once outside it was pretty messy as I had expected. The forecast was for only 10-15 knots both yesterday and today. After waking every hour and checking Seabreeze, I knew it was going to be ordinary. 20+ all night. Slogged it slowly to wide Caloundra and the pearlies were there and hungry. Caught a few then headed to the 100m area for nil. There was a bit of current running but not too bad. I was thinking the wind was easing but I was dreaming. About 20 knots or better all day. I pushed out to 210m and found a good show of fish but I couldn’t get the drift right. It didn’t matter what I did I couldn’t get the same drift twice and missed the fish every time. I find it difficult to do the reversing and fishing gig solo. I swallowed the pride and went back in to top up the bag of pearlies which didn’t take long. Once again, fishing was ok but weather was ordinary.
    I was home in time for school pickup which is always a plusClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7814.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	117169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7809.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	117170

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Offshore Caloundra 28.05

good on ya for tuff'en out the weather , hate tryin to drift in slop.

BigE

Re: Offshore Caloundra 28.05

Thanks for the report mate it’s always tuff in 20knts plus ..
    but some nice slabs there ...
    happy days ahead summer is coming