Thread: Noosacat owners - knowledge required

Noosacat owners - knowledge required

Hi all, currently doing my homework on Noosacat 2400 and specifically like to talk to Noosacat owners on the good the bad and the ugly if any. Best way to learn is to talk to those that have experience and subject matter experts. I've been in a 2300 and 2700 quite some years ago but hard to use those trips as a true assessment.
    I look forward to any help and feedback and thanks in advance.

cheers Chris

Re: Noosacat owners - knowledge required

I believe that the 2300 and 2400 are the same boat structurally with minor cabin changes.
    I am definately not an expert, but I can tell what I have notice with one sitting in the shed.
    Alot of these are way under powered from the factory. The 2300/2400 needs 140/150 per side to get the best out of them even better with counter rotation props.
    Don't let sale sale guy tell you the need 2S because a 4S is to heavy.
    I can load the bum with a 200lt esky load with ice and a couple of fishs( thats all I can catch) and she doesn't even mind.
    Avoid the ex commercial boats, as they would have been flogged. Most of the privately own ones are in fairly good conditions. Be wary of non OEM works, usually its to rectify or hide something.
    Apart from that they are VERY good and dry boats. Not the best boat for trolling all day due to tunnel slap. When buying one look at the area where the wave splitter is and try to find egg shell cracking, if it have, it mean she have been driven hard in her past, not serious, but be mindful.
    The ugly side of these usual is in the weight. How heavy they are and the Noosacat trailer that they come with are at best minimal fit for them. For such and exxy boat, and level of weight, you would think they put a more robust trailer under them.
    Oh the last thing, anything that has to be done after delivery by Noosacat carries a hefty surchage.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Noosacat owners - knowledge required

Own a 2300 Noosacat. Year 2003 .
    Same mould of the current 2400 model.
    Noosacat build an extremely high quality boat.

I run f150 Yamaha’s on mine. Cruises at 32knots and tops over 40knots. 140’s would be minimal HP. 115 yammies are underpowered.
    What I love the most is how buoyant the bow is. Also the hull works exceptionally well at all speeds.
    Some cats need to always run at speed to work. This one transitions extremely well throughout the speed range. Probably what I love the most honestly.

Walks a little bit, but nothing disconcerting.

Total beast in the rough. Doubt there is any trailer boat as good as these in the rough. I’ve been in a lot of other cats to compare. The 2300 is up there with the best.
    I wish the cabin was 400mm bigger. The deck space is enormous and could easily handle bigger cab.

Walk through transom is bloody awesome

They are a bloody big boat and need a decent tow car.

Ps, I’m not one of those dudes who says what he owns is the best just because he owns it.
    Iv owned other cats and this one is the best by far. If it was shot I’d say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by hungry6 View Post
    I believe that the 2300 and 2400 are the same boat structurally with minor cabin changes.
    I am definately not an expert, but I can tell what I have notice with one sitting in the shed.
    Alot of these are way under powered from the factory. The 2300/2400 needs 140/150 per side to get the best out of them even better with counter rotation props.
    Don't let sale sale guy tell you the need 2S because a 4S is to heavy.
    I can load the bum with a 200lt esky load with ice and a couple of fishs( thats all I can catch) and she doesn't even mind.
    Avoid the ex commercial boats, as they would have been flogged. Most of the privately own ones are in fairly good conditions. Be wary of non OEM works, usually its to rectify or hide something.
    Apart from that they are VERY good and dry boats. Not the best boat for trolling all day due to tunnel slap. When buying one look at the area where the wave splitter is and try to find egg shell cracking, if it have, it mean she have been driven hard in her past, not serious, but be mindful.
    The ugly side of these usual is in the weight. How heavy they are and the Noosacat trailer that they come with are at best minimal fit for them. For such and exxy boat, and level of weight, you would think they put a more robust trailer under them.
    Oh the last thing, anything that has to be done after delivery by Noosacat carries a hefty surchage.
    Thanks mate for the info, I’m definitely looking at 150’s on the back. Don’t seem to be many 2nd in the 2300 or 2400 series. As for trailers yeah I was told that the standard dual axle built for them is a little on the light side.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Own a 2300 Noosacat. Year 2003 .
    Same mould of the current 2400 model.
    Noosacat build an extremely high quality boat.

I run f150 Yamaha’s on mine. Cruises at 32knots and tops over 40knots. 140’s would be minimal HP. 115 yammies are underpowered.
    What I love the most is how buoyant the bow is. Also the hull works exceptionally well at all speeds.
    Some cats need to always run at speed to work. This one transitions extremely well throughout the speed range. Probably what I love the most honestly.

Walks a little bit, but nothing disconcerting.

Total beast in the rough. Doubt there is any trailer boat as good as these in the rough. I’ve been in a lot of other cats to compare. The 2300 is up there with the best.
    I wish the cabin was 400mm bigger. The deck space is enormous and could easily handle bigger cab.

Walk through transom is bloody awesome

They are a bloody big boat and need a decent tow car.

Ps, I’m not one of those dudes who says what he owns is the best just because he owns it.
    Iv owned other cats and this one is the best by far. If it was shot I’d say so.

Thanks Flex for the response. Not being that familiar with the handling and ride what do you mean “walks a little”?
    As for tow vehicle I’ve got 200 LC.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris..i replied to your private message but it said it didn't go through due to too many stored

Thanks mate I just had a clean out of old messages. Try again.
    cheers

Had a run today in NC demo 2400 with merc 200 on the back. Wow did those things pack a punch. You could have waterskied off Noosa today it was that flat and still. The Noosacat’s are impressive piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    Had a run today in NC demo 2400 with merc 200 on the back. Wow did those things pack a punch. You could have waterskied off Noosa today it was that flat and still. The Noosacat’s are impressive piece of kit.

They are great boats chris....I love my 2700nc...chasing whiting & crabs one day with my little fella..out the shelf deep dropping with the boys the next ..in complete comfort & safety..last weekend there was 5 blokes{660kg) on one side with 2 deck winches (40kg)going for a total of 700kg on one side in 2.5mtr swell and 15knts of wind and a couple of mono boys were freaking out at the stability..then we sat on 35- 40knts for the hour and half run in...love it..crew never spilt a drop

You are right about the conditions off Noosa yesterday Chris. I drove past Sunshine & the water was as smooth as I have ever seen. You could have water skied to New Caledonia mate

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You are right about the conditions off Noosa yesterday Chris. I drove past Sunshine & the water was as smooth as I have ever seen. You could have water skied to New Caledonia mate
    IMG_2212.JPG

Wow nearly two years since I posted and asked about Noosa Cats. Guess I should update. IMG_3623.jpgIMG_3636.jpgIMG_3625.jpg

PM sent - if you dont mind, have a coupla questions.