Thread: Transducer Problemo

Transducer Problemo

Bought a Lowrance Hook 2 7 Tripleshot for a 16ft Cntre Console Quinny Bayrunner , have had the transducer anywhere from 5mm to just about submerged under and it still loses the bottom on the plane or should i say Most times loses the bottom!!??..
    Few other issues with it also but can live with those but losing sounding on the bottom is a no no for me mainly for safety up the creeks and rivers locally here ..
    Anyone onboard have had to near submerge their transduce to get it to continuousely lock on the bottom!!??..
    Thought ide suss out help prior to returning the plurry thing !!!..
    First time with all boats ive had that ive had a problem with tranny losing bottom that i couldnt eventually sought out ey..
    Cheers and all advice kindly appreciated .
    It did come with an old black n white Raymarine which worked like a charm but wanted to upgrade to something with sidescan etc..
    Guess one gets what they pay for at days end lol..

Re: Transducer Problemo

Whats the angle like? Not inline with a strake? Any pics of the setup with a straight edge on the hull?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Re: Transducer Problemo

Angle is almost level with the hull bottom , just a slight angle down with back of tranny. No not inline with a strake . Will take a pic later n upload.
    Have fitted ample sounders in the past without any hassles and this is the first ive had to adjust the transducer so many times that im almost to the point of thinking it may be the unit itself ??..