Thread: Gps coordinates garmin 95sv

Gps coordinates garmin 95sv

Hi all,
    I have a new Garmin 95SV. It works great but I haven't been able to work out how to enter a waypoint using gps coordinates so I can navigate to a spot. Can anyone assist if this can be done and how?

Sent from my SGP521 using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Gps coordinates garmin 95sv

Are you entering from written down coordinates or wanting to transfer marks from an older machine?

Hi Ranmar,
    I was trying to enter from written down coordinates. Regards

I usually just press Mark then go to Edit Way point and overwrite the numbers. If you have a heap to do there's a piece of software, think it's called eazymark or something like that on this site that Owen produced, works well.

Just found it, called E Z Mark, try looking here

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...highlight=owen

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I usually just press Mark then go to Edit Way point and overwrite the numbers. If you have a heap to do there's a piece of software, think it's called eazymark or something like that on this site that Owen produced, works well.

Just found it, called E Z Mark, try looking here

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...highlight=owen
    I just worked out how to do it now. Thanks both Ranmar and Dignity for your comments.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Mate using the PC Garmin software is awesome for entering coordinates and route creation.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Mate using the PC Garmin software is awesome for entering coordinates and route creation.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I must check it out as I only have Homeport which is now free from Garmin, not the most intuitive but quite effective now that I know it's intricacies.

Dignity that's the one I was thinking off. It's not intuitive but great for route planning. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Dignity that's the one I was thinking off. It's not intuitive but great for route planning. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In the end I worked out I could enter it on the Garmin device. Create new waypoint, then enter coordinates manually, then edit the name. Once I worked it out, it seems so easy. I found the manual on line and followed instructions. Seems the paperwork that comes with the unit doesn't have the full manual instructions.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

EVO if you have more than a couple I do recommend EZ Mark so much faster or do the same on Homeport as you've been doing, the added advantage is you can see and check the location of your WP on a nice large screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    EVO if you have more than a couple I do recommend EZ Mark so much faster or do the same on Homeport as you've been doing, the added advantage is you can see and check the location of your WP on a nice large screen.

As I have closed down the web site that hosted the file, I have now made it available on Google drive for anyone who still wants to use EzMark.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P_...nMMcxrjj6hQ4Zz

Youtube tutorial still exits
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)