Thread: Offshore Moreton.

Offshore Moreton.

Hey everyone, good to see we finally got some great weather over the weekend.
    How'd you all go.
    There was no shortage of boats a the ramps and we followed about 4 other boats through SPB at about 5.30am.
    I fished 70-80m from 6am until 12 midday and only managed 2 Snapper within 2 minutes of each other. (60 and 58cm) One on a jig and one on a plastic.
    Got a Hussar and a 35cm squire on Pillies and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Offshore Moreton.

Yep was a tough morning way to much current. Didn't drop off till about 1/1:30 and then the arvo was a cracker.
    We ended up with 8 keepers all up, got sharked once and caught some vermin and undersize crap alone the way.
    I think we crossed the bar at the same though 3 of you went southern channel and we went middle.
    Black Cruisecraft - Reel Therapy.

Re: Offshore Moreton.

We were probably in that lot as well. Fished down the Cathedrals way - just kept plugging for most of the day - a fish here a fish there. Mixed bag of snapper/squire, parrot, hussar, moses perch, pearlies and flathead - about 20 all up with 5 of those on the last drift of the day at 4pm as well as a couple of the usual obligatory brickings, seargent baker and red rock cod. Didn't strike much current - fished with 6 ball or lighter floaters all day with the sea anchor and 8 ounce snapper leads held bottom without issue.