Thread: late afternoon session 19.05.2018

late afternoon session 19.05.2018

Had a nice little afternoon session on sat night. fish were on the chew in waves with quite periods in between.

Love the Yalta the fishing space is fantastic.

BigE.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180520_082421.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	117129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180520_082738.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	117130  

Re: late afternoon session 19.05.2018

That is a good night out. Lucky they came through in waves, give you a chance to catch your breath.

wowsers great effort, so many fish to clean, but so many tasty fish to eat. your gonna need a bigger table.

Great effort well done.

Great job BigE.
    Definitely agree about the Yalta. For a 6m boat it has it all and isn't overpriced like other brands.
    As for the fish, there was no waves of them on Saturday off Moreton on the 35's. Fished from6am until midday and Managed 2 snapper (60 and 58cm) within 2 minutes of eachother.
    Square patch looked quiet also.
    Well done. Caloundra Wide I'm guessing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Finicky
    just off hutchies , fresh to live squid did the damage, not much interest in any other bait or jigs had to work to crack the pattern.

I always look for the local bait when there is no bite happening. it the cycle of life in the ocean something is always eating something you just need to figure out what it is on the day.

BigE

SC

new SS filleting table is in the works at the moment ( X coffee shop counter)

Deckie fillets i wash down the boat and trailer ( i'm particular about it) and then i vac seal all the fillet.

BigE

Thanks Bremic

was good to meet you, please thank the boss for the choc cake after the filleting coffee and cake was really appreciated.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Hi Finicky
    just off hutchies , fresh to live squid did the damage, not much interest in any other bait or jigs had to work to crack the pattern.

I always look for the local bait when there is no bite happening. it the cycle of life in the ocean something is always eating something you just need to figure out what it is on the day.

BigE
    Agree. We had 5 rods between 2 of us at one point.
    Half Pillies on paternoster, whole Pillie on float line, plastic down deep, a 60g and a 110gm butterfly jig.
    One snap was on the 110g jig and the other was on the plastic.
    We'll try everything until something works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk