Thread: New cranking battery

New cranking battery

Hi guys
    boat Battery has died. Any ideas on getting a new one? Located Ipswich Qld. Local area or online? Best brand or most similar?

Re: New cranking battery

What do you need it to do, how big is your motor?
    Regards

Optima blue top (D31M) for my money ..... good cranking & good deep cycle capacity

Spiral wound make them very robust

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NomadNoosa View Post
    What do you need it to do, how big is your motor?
    Regards
    Tammy 70
    cranking, and sounder, plus usual accessories

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Optima blue top (D31M) for my money ..... good cranking & good deep cycle capacity

Spiral wound make them very robust

Chris
    That'll do the job, just remember to put the charger on it as soon as you get back from a trip, mine has lasted nearly 7 years with lots of abuse and now lives in the tinnie only because I had a spare and did some battery changes between both boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    That'll do the job, just remember to put the charger on it as soon as you get back from a trip, mine has lasted nearly 7 years with lots of abuse and now lives in the tinnie only because I had a spare and did some battery changes between both boats.
    Without a doubt the pick of the crop …… I have one in my Seajay that has hit 7 years as well ……. & for 5 of those years it was the sole battery ( no house battery) - so it was pushed running up to 3 sounders on the boat .
    I'll no doubt be replacing the batteries on the barcrusher with one if not two …… when funds become available
    Good advice on the maintenance though - disconnect & charge every few weeks (if not being used)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I bought my Bluetop optima from Battery Central, great service (They delivered it to the boat) and they were the cheapest by far just paid be credit card from the truck, I have no affiliation but they looked after me well so appy to recommend them.

Just purchased a couple of 680cc Delcors for $100 each with three years warrenty on each..From
    https://gladstoneair.com.au/ though guess other simmillar outlets will have them for same price..