Thread: Fitzroy Session

Fitzroy Session

My great mate Leon recently got a new boat and had always wanted to take a run out to Fitzroy for a fish. He's been getting the boat ready for this sort of trip for months.

A small window in the weather appeared and at dawn on Thursday 3 May we headed up to 1770, loaded up on some goodies and were off for a few nights.

We had a bit of a bumpy run out but found things settled down as the afternoon wore on and we got closer to the reef.

Thursday night in the lagoon was ok and we were up early on the Friday and enjoyed some good fishing with plenty of red throat, a few trout, n parrot, and couple of cod but unfortunately no reds.

Headed up to Sykes for a look around and anchored up for the night but couldn't find ourselves the red we wanted.

With a southerly forecast to tear up the coast we decided we would be best to call it on Saturday morning and headed home having a bit of a fish along the way.

Awesome fun, a good result on our first trip and already thinking about the next.

cheers
    jim
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6578.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	117108  

Re: Fitzroy Session

Great quality fish mate, excellent first effort. There is a lot of good country up there if you have the time to look. 2 night trips give you that privilege. Well done and it will be hard to top other than the bonus of a red.
    Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Some nice fish there well done.

Too box mate.
    Hoefully get up there in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers
    Rob

Great effort 3rd degree.
    I've done an annual trip up there for the last 3 years and it never lets us down. Sure beats fishing off Brissy.
    Looking forward to some more 1770 reports now the weather should settle down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Too box mate.
    Hoefully get up there in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers
    Rob
    might see you up there rob
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Great effort there I love those red throat great looking fish
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    might see you up there rob
    Hey mate.
    We are aiming for last weekend in may or first weekend in June.
    Hopefully the weather is kind.