Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New generation high HP outboards from traditional companies

Re: New generation high HP outboards from traditional companies

Noel up here in the big city Domino's even has a surcharge for sunday's lol

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    i have not for a few years bought petrol on the water but i do recall paying something around $1.75-$2.20 for pre mixed unleaded around 10 years ago i cannot imagine the fuel bill for these big cruizers and luxury boats you'd have to be loaded or extremely love boating lol
    I just paid $1.72 at the marina on the weekend (Mandurah). The bowser shuts off at circa $1,000, you then need to hang up the nozzle, swipe your Baileys card again and repeat. Difficult to go shopping around because it'll likely cost you. During our summer holidays on the boat travelling up the coast I filled up iin Fremantle and paid approx $1.45 litre. So it does fluctuate depending on location and competition. $1.72 is the most I have paid though and does'nt sound fuel prices are coming down anytime soon and may well be heading further north. Yep I love boating.

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I just paid $1.72 at the marina on the weekend (Mandurah). The bowser shuts off at circa $1,000, you then need to hang up the nozzle, swipe your Baileys card again and repeat. Difficult to go shopping around because it'll likely cost you. During our summer holidays on the boat travelling up the coast I filled up iin Fremantle and paid approx $1.45 litre. So it does fluctuate depending on location and competition. $1.72 is the most I have paid though and does'nt sound fuel prices are coming down anytime soon and may well be heading further north. Yep I love boating.
    Jug i hear you, Today i paid $1.71 per litre for regular 91 unleaded at the petrol station that is the most i have ever paid in my life

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Jug i hear you, Today i paid $1.71 per litre for regular 91 unleaded at the petrol station that is the most i have ever paid in my life
    At least mine was 95 for that price - we only have the choice of 95 octane or diesel at the marina.

I guess one thing to take into account with these new big HP motors is fuel economy has improved out of sight compared to the old carb 2 stroke days, a 2-300HP outboard uses probably half what an old school 150 was 20 years ago. I used to fish out of a 23' cat with twin carb Mercs, and a "top up" of the tanks involved a 44gal drum of fuel, which today would cost around $350.

True Noelm, but a modern 400+ hp outboard is still going to enjoy a drink.

Anyone also see the new 300hp cox diesel outboard that is rumoured to have a price tag of $80,000.00 dollars.

Warranty for 1500 hours

Servicing every 1200 hours?

I think it's been around for a while now, but the weight was a killer, that said, the new Yamaha is not exactly light!

I think diesel is today and tomorrow and our stepping stone away from petrol more and more vehicles are going diesel i donno why the marine scene hasn't picked up on it?

300hp Diesel Outboard can u picture it now?

Yeah but a diesel is always going to be dearer and heavier because they have to be so much "meatier" because of the compression ratio. That said, if you can afford to buy and maintain a 300hp engine of either school and the hull to mount such a beast on, you can afford the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just googled it seems Mercury is on the ball Diesel Outboards here https://www.mercurymarine.com/en-gb/...stralian-navy/

If you want to play - you have to pay. It's all relative. I spent today pumping 65 cube of old diesel off a tug for disposal due to age and contamination - do the maths on that at $1.60 a litre

Two industries that give us all heartburn are petroleum and insurance. You think you live in a capitalist system? The price of petrol is based on the price you will pay tomorrow, not the price paid delivered. Blame the cowards in parliament for not changing this distortion. Insurance is a different rant but equally as irrational.