Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New generation high HP outboards from traditional companies

New generation high HP outboards from traditional companies

So we all know and love Seven marines (all heil new Volvo overlords) GM v8 supercharged 627hp power house.... so we shall exclude that

Good rumors "although they are confirmed" of new High V8 5.5lt outboard from yamaha and V8 powered Mercury 4 strokes around

Fun times for the "pedestrian" level high hp fans

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: New generation high HP outboards from traditional companies

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    So we all know and love Seven marines (all heil new Volvo overlords) GM v8 supercharged 627hp power house.... so we shall exclude thatGood rumors "although they are confirmed" of new High V8 5.5lt outboard from yamaha and V8 powered Mercury 4 strokes around Fun times for the "pedestrian" level high hp fans
    yes, own the motor, still paying fir the petrol.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yes, they are all abuzz on THT--interesting, if foreign, landscape over there, a mix of useful information and strongly held opinions--nothing succeeds like excess

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yamaha got leaked ahead of time--5.6 litre 425HP V8, weighing "a lot"

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...ere-425hp.html

I think soeone was trying to steal Mercuries' thunder by getting in a day or two early under their new V8's.

yeah it was a pretty poor kept secret

If you tune into Moose Marine on FB tonight at 7m AEST you will see a few snippits of other interesting big engine stuff

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

What, are you becoming Australia's first SevenMarine agent??

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    What, are you becoming Australia's first SevenMarine agent??
    yeah i would like to be. every man and his dog is a merc dealer down here " though they make a great product!" but there isnt a market for 7 marine engines here yet.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    yeah i would like to be. every man and his dog is a merc dealer down here " though they make a great product!" but there isnt a market for 7 marine engines here yet.
    There probably never will be at $1.50 per litre of fuel and the world running out of resources, bigger and better might be now and tomorrow but the day after it's all gone, you and i might not be here tho

i think they need to focus more on lithium powered electric motors and the battery designs its the future after all the world stops when the gas runs out

Gas won’t run out in our life times Gazza. How expensive it is is another question.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Lovey prices will hit extremes before the resources run out hopefully there is an alternative by than for our grand kids sake, as a kid my generation were paying 50c a litre the next generation were paying $1.10 a litre at the same young age around 10 years old for motor bikes of course, now todays generation are paying $1.45 a litre its creeping up, I'm 37 and it has gone up $1 a litre extra in roughly 27 years i understand there is a demand for fuel and our country has grown but i think we are being ripped off at the bowser

for people to run these huge marine seven outboards must have big wallets and a floating fuel tanker, i have not for a few years bought petrol on the water but i do recall paying something around $1.75-$2.20 for pre mixed unleaded around 10 years ago i cannot imagine the fuel bill for these big cruizers and luxury boats you'd have to be loaded or extremely love boating lol

We could all hope and pray they could remove some of the tax burden from fuel ,,,,, anyone know how much a litre fuel is without tax?

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    We could all hope and pray they could remove some of the tax burden from fuel ,,,,, anyone know how much a litre fuel is without tax?

BigE
    The tax excise is nearly 41 cents a litre then there is gst also then they tax every one that makes a profit or wage out of making selling and handling it and so on Definitely a big revenue maker for the government

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

BigE around 3 years ago i was at one of my local petrol stations and the owners son was running the store i over heard the conversation while i was using the ATM the son mentioned he was paying 71c or 74c per litre for fuel and at that time the fuel was around $1.25-$1.30

we have 1 good petrol station around here out of a handful which is 10c all day cheaper than competitors and after 10pm it comes down a further 10c that is why i am waiting another 20mins before i go fill up for my trip up the coast to buy my fibreglass supplies lol

Just wandering off topic a bit (a lot actually) I never did understand this fuel price "cycle" thing, you own a servo, the price is (say) $1:50 a litre, not $1:50 on Sunday and $1:65 on Monday, or cheaper some other day! Pisses me off, let's say you went grocery shopping, you get your trolley full, go to the checkout, and the price varies by 10% because it's Friday, you would do a backflip and go off, or during school holidays, it goes up even more, it's a consumer rort, nothing more.

You could always live in the country. No fuel cycles here just considerably more exy than cities all the time!