Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queensland Islands - boat based camping

Re: Queensland Islands - boat based camping

Hi Nagg,
    Interesting thread and some good suggestions here. I have a suggestion/question (a suquestion?) for some of the North Queensland members about a place a bloke from work is going for a holiday soon. He is staying at the Hydeaway bay caravan park and looking at Google maps there is some fantastic looking islands and estuaries around there. It is the headland South of Bowen so I was wondering if any of our members from up that way have any feedback on it? Many green zones? Boat ramps? Fishing around the near reefs and Gloucester Island? Can you camp on any of the islands around there? It just looks magic but at 14 hours from Brisbane a week would be minimum I'd reckon but possibly worth the trip.
    Therapy..

Re: Queensland Islands - boat based camping

Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    Hi Nagg,
    Interesting thread and some good suggestions here. I have a suggestion/question (a suquestion?) for some of the North Queensland members about a place a bloke from work is going for a holiday soon. He is staying at the Hydeaway bay caravan park and looking at Google maps there is some fantastic looking islands and estuaries around there. It is the headland South of Bowen so I was wondering if any of our members from up that way have any feedback on it? Many green zones? Boat ramps? Fishing around the near reefs and Gloucester Island? Can you camp on any of the islands around there? It just looks magic but at 14 hours from Brisbane a week would be minimum I'd reckon but possibly worth the trip.
    Therapy..
    I'm sure a lot of members are interested in this kind of thing .

FYI - You can camp on Gloucester Island

http://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/glo...d/camping.html
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO