Thread: Sea sickness tablets.

Sea sickness tablets.

Anyone on here been using the sea sickness tablets from Paihia Pharmacy in New Zealand.
    I have had great success with them for a few years now. However my stock is all gone and I haven't been able to purchase any for 12 months due to a lack of the primary ingredient.

If you have some, and dont want them i would interested in purchasing them from you.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Sea sickness tablets.

That's a shame, been around for ever. Went our on "Striker" many years ago and the try hards on board wouldn't be seen taking pussy sea-sick tablets, roughest trip ever, everyone super crook, except me, cause I had the BOMBS!

Now I use Avomine night before and travel calm original on the day, the combination works great for me....even though it says don't mix pills on the pack.

Why not Avomine on the day ?just curious Crunchy.

Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Spent a lot of time researching and this combination was mentioned so I tried it and it works....4 adults & 3 kids went to Lady Mus,, we knew it would be rough so I made my family follow my regime, other family wouldn't trust me and relied on travel calm just before the trip, one happy family watching TV and drinking beers, other family curled up clutching vomit bags, it just seems to work mate, nearly as good as the Pihia bombs.

one of our mob is a Travacalm fan.

Avomine makes me super sleepy. If I take the night before I just can’t wake up.

I only use the ET’s tablets now. I can recommend 100%
    take one on the way to the ramp and good as gold all day. No side effects apart from a bit of dry mouth for the first hour or so after taking.

Where do you buy the ET tablets homer jay. I thought ET used the ones from NZ.

I just call 1300 seasick

it is a chemist in Sydney somewhere. They ask a few questions then post them out. Usually takes a week or so.

i think they are called Nile compounding now.

There is Avil (not advil) which is so much cheaper than any other prescribed travel sickness drugs, so far anybody I've put them onto finds they work, these were advised to me by my doctor. I can't take any of these as it reacts with my current medication. About 20 years ago I started feeling nauseous when going out, never happened before, told my doc who suggested an endoscopy. They found I had Helicobacter pylori virus(the one that causes ulcers), had to take 2 lots of very strong antibiotics plus an anti thrush medication, stay out of the sun for 2 weeks and wear sunglasses while outside. Since then I haven't had any seasickness at all.

I've tried everything under the sun for sea sickness. Last 5 years been using Phenergan, works wonder, easy to find, any pharmarcy will have them, only down side, u get a little bit drowsy, I've solved this by drinking V or redbull or if you must caffein tables. And it a last minute table too. Like on the way to the ramp...
    Humility is not a weather condition.

On a different note, one of my fishing buddies uses 1 ear plug. I'm convinced he uses on the side closest to me...but it works for his seasickness.

Bruce, just head up to Carina Day & Night Pharmacy on Old Cleveland Rd. They are a compounding chemist and make their own custom motion sickness tablets that work fantastically well. Very likely to be similar to the ones you had.

My cousin gets really bad motion sickness, even in cars, and their tablets sorted her out when we took her and her husband to Japan and jumped on and off planes, subway and Shinkansen (Bullet trains).

They dont make you sleepy or non-compis and no other side effects.

Everyone that I have referred to them have reported back that they worked a treat.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Bruce, just head up to Carina Day & Night Pharmacy on Old Cleveland Rd. They are a compounding chemist and make their own custom motion sickness tablets that work fantastically well. Very likely to be similar to the ones you had.

My cousin gets really bad motion sickness, even in cars, and their tablets sorted her out when we took her and her husband to Japan and jumped on and off planes, subway and Shinkansen (Bullet trains).

They dont make you sleepy or non-compis and no other side effects.

Everyone that I have referred to them have reported back that they worked a treat.
    Went out and purchased some today. Now to try them out at Stanage bay in a couple of weeks.