Thread: Sounder questions

Sounder questions

Hey all,
    In the process of lookin for a unit for my haines signature. I currently am running an old gpsmap 7" combo and want to get another combo so i can run one screen dedicated to each or get a designated sounder like furuno. Budget is around 2k maybe a bit more.

Most of my fishing is around 40m of water so nothing majorly deep.
    Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Sounder questions

Mate you don't need 2k. I have run a number of sounders over time. My most recent was a Furuno FCV600 which was excellent but the Garmin Plus, 95 SV with the GT-52HW transducer (Chirp side, down and structure) is a revelation. Amazing to see what's under the water so clearly. The GPS Chart plotter is typically Garmin - excellent and intuitive.

The 9 inch screen allows dual screen nicely. The touch screen is slippery smooth and easy to use with moisture on it. I was skeptical but would never go back to cursor only. This has button assist and preset buttons programmable. The screen is very bright and full sun doesn't diminish how easy is it to view.

Mate save 500 clams off your budget and go to Whitworths and just grab it ...$1499 including trans and maps. The Active Captain app is good too and allows you you download other people's contour soundings (handy in remote areas and dams etc) to the Echomap unit to view.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I should add I talked to a lot of people and did a lot of research and unless you want to go to the new Garmin Mega (which you can option the sv95 Plus up to) or Hummingbird Mega there is nothing under $2400 or so that better it. The Gt-52hw is a full crystal transducer (ie including bottom crystals). Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

how much room do you have to mount things?
    Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I'd suggest

Stand alone unit - Furuno FCV588 $2295+trani
    Combo - Anything with true Chirp. I went Garmin but there's many others.
    I really like the scroll back function combo
    $2k will only limit screen size in combo but you get all the features
    Garmin 952xs 9" $1695 includes chart
    Garmin 1022xsv 10" $2550 no chart
    Garmin 1222xsv 12" $3230 no chart
    Garmin 1222xsv touch 12" $3450 no chart

Plus you will need a transducer