Thread: Axiom 9 Pro B175M screen shots

Ausfish Platinum Member

Axiom 9 Pro B175M screen shots

Took the new rig out today for an extended seatrial come fishing trip. The fish weren't very co-operative, not that I really tried too hard .The picture on the new Axiom pro is quite impressive--I concentrated mostly on the B175M, need to read up more before I try to sort the 3-D out in my head.

The shot below was in close behind the beach, on a patch which has given me a lot of big pinkies in past years. But freshly caught scalies floated down on snelled circle hooks couldn't tempt them. Not sure of what they were, but they weren't small.

I did get some blood on the deck, though--my very first fish on this boat was a 79cm pinkie, on a trolled deep diver, of all things.

Re: Axiom 9 Pro B175M screen shots

Looks sensational mate. well done!

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

I haven't installed the GP-150 yet, as it was working OK without and I had heaps to do. But it did drop signal at sea a few times, just momentarily, no doubt due to the hardtop, so I'll have to get it up. EV-100 autopilot is brilliant--this has been so easy to set up, apart from the little initial dockside check for motor steering direction movement, it just did its own calibration while I was driving around doing other stuff. Used it at 20-odd knots across a lumpy beam sea, steered true, just using default rudder response times, etc.

that EV core is one of the better AP core heading sensors ive seen. it just constantly gets better and better.. we sailed out of port macdonald with an ev150 system on a jeanneau marlin 695. withless than 10 sea hours on it... rough-ish seas and we didnt move more than a degree off and even then it was barely for a moment. very impressed.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Someone on the Perth forum who also has an Axiom with two transducers reckons I might have actually selected the RV-100 for that sonar operation, not the B175M. He thought that the 175, if selected, should say CW Medium Chirp , instead of medium chirp, or something similar. This could explain why the picture was disappointing at speed, having the TM selected instead of the thru-hull.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Checked this morning definitely reading through the 175. if you select Sonar on the RV-7 , it says Sonar on the bottom of the screen. if you select Internal sounder on the RVX-9, which the B175M is plugged in to , it gives you the choice of medium Chirp or CW Chirp. Medium chirp is what I was running.

A snapper on a Rapala with wire trace.. Amazing! well done.
    Great sounder set up by the looks.

Nice set up Ranmar. I am impressed that you are thinking in Fathoms...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Ausfish Platinum Member

Made my living from it for a long time, we were all fathoms. When people start talking kilometres at sea I tell them that kilometres don't exist below the high tide line. A lot of guys actually don't realise that a Nautical mile is a minute of latitude,, and the knot is an expression of speed in that. My one concession to metrics is when I go out wide trolling for billfish--everyone talks in metres then, I'll go along with it.
    Lots to look at on it yet, so many options.