Thread: Great day on rainbow escape charters

Great day on rainbow escape charters

I just wanted to put in a good word and a bit of a trip report for a great charter that we recently took out of Rainbow Beach. The owners name is Dave and the company is Rainbow Escape charters.

The boat is a large trailerable (but needs to be towed by a truck) cougar cat and our group of 6 had plenty of space. Its got brand new engines on it which is also a good look.

We were on the extreme day so we were out on the water from 4am to 8pm.

We met Dave at the ramp at 3:50am and we were fishing out off Fraser in that peak bite time just before sunrise. This is the first charter that I've been on where this has happened. We picked up some great pearlies and mixed reefies in the morning.

We used a mix of bottom bashers, floaters and live baits all day. After the morning bite was over Dave moved around a bit looking for live bait and had us all jigging for them so that we could have some livies to take out to the wider grounds for some bigger fish. This proved to be a good plan as once we got out to the wider grounds all of the trophy fish inc a few red emperor, a massive cod and several big nannygai were all taken on live bait.

We really caught fish all day and by the end we had a good mixed bag of pearl perch, hussar, parrot, red emperor, cod, nannygai, cobia and snapper. We ended up going home a bit earlier than expected because the large esky on the boat was so full we could barely close the lid.

Dave worked hard to keep us on the fish, if we went more than 2-3 minutes without a decent bite he would move the boat around or take us to a new mark, he never stopped working all day. According to his GPS we covered 135 Miles in a day, so we definitely moved around a bit.

If you are hunting around for a good charter I would definitely recommend you consider this business. All boats can have good and bad days, thats just fishing. On our day we got lucky and the fish were biting. But aside from that these guys worked hard all day and did a great job.

Re: Great day on rainbow escape charters

any pic's
    sounds like you had a day worth remembering .....someone would have taken a selfie.

BigE

Yep, good charters are worth their weight in gold, have yet to try this one. I do use Smithy at Kawana (amongst a few others) every now and then as a break from takinb my boat out. These skippers really earn their living considering there is no guarantee the fish will bite.

I dont have many pictures myself but if you have a look at the rainbow escape facebook page from anzac day they are all our fish.

Iv done 2 trips with Dave now.
    Im quite sure we will be back aswell.

Cheers Rob