Thread: Mixed bag of Moreton

Mixed bag of Moreton

Hi all as I said I’ll post more reports and here is another
    left home early 3:45 from redbank and on the way seen seventeen 5.5m plus boats so I new it was going to be a busy day..

left wynnum at 5am and headed towards the SP BAR in really sloppy conditions the westerly was pumping ..the plan was to fish from the north and work our way back towards the bar but once getting out there the wind and slopp was in fishable so made the call to head to shallow tempest to hide

on arrival big cat charters were already anchored and Fishing so we pulled up south of them and dropped Shute .
    It gave us a direct northern drift and we drifted 6miles just over scattered Ruble and wire weed. We landed a lot of undersized fish and a 58cm pearly then I made the call to just fish the cape and come home through the bay.

we went wide to the 80-100m mark for very little but not a lot of run we did get a goat fish and another 53cm pearly ..by now it was 11 so we headed to southern end of Hutchins
    and drifted with unwanted Phillies and whole squid.

we fished here for about 3 hours for we had a steady stream of fish
    green job fish,spangled emperor,gold spot Trevally,wrasse and may others
    my eight year old son also pulled the prettiest coral trout in the end we finished and headed the 31nm back to Wynnum in 1 hour and 7 min great day on the water

Thanks to all the anzacs who fought for our country to have the freedoms we have now
    we all appreciate the sacrifice...

ps in the morning asked the boy what size our biggest fish for the day will be he said 64cm
    and ironical the gold spot was you guessed it 64 on the button he was so chuffed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	992AD995-5A5C-4E57-A806-EF01A0B3EB8D.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	116997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECFA60A4-6685-4E42-AD3E-C707F2DB4B69.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	116998
    Last edited by Jsmfun; 26-04-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Photo
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Mixed bag of Moreton

Thanks for the report, looks like you found a bit of action and something to eat!

I was at tangalooma having a family day, and also enjoyed a great run home.

Cheers

jim

Re: Mixed bag of Moreton

Yes Jim it turned out to be a lovely day .
    it has felt like a long time since we had nice weather
    happy days ahead summer is coming