Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4hp 2 stroke yammie owners?

Re: 4hp 2 stroke yammie owners?

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    thought about a canoe with outrigger? slim line , cutting thru water easily with minimum HP . What about the 3metre polycat from spindrift, they have also a 4 metre plastic cat with positve floatation.
    Theres a bloke in Noosa with a setup like that. Homemade outrigger connected to about a 10ft - 11ft canoe with a 4hp mounted on the back crossmember between the outrigger and the canoe. It fairly hooks around with him and his dog in it. Looks like it pulls apart pretty easy as well. Cheap boating

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NomadNoosa View Post
    Theres a bloke in Noosa with a setup like that. Homemade outrigger connected to about a 10ft - 11ft canoe with a 4hp mounted on the back crossmember between the outrigger and the canoe. It fairly hooks around with him and his dog in it. Looks like it pulls apart pretty easy as well. Cheap boating
    it would be a kool little setup and it should hook, only problem for me is, missus missus missus lol, she wont get into a canoe ha ha,
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

UTC I'n NSW your allowed to drive a boat without a license so long as the boat is registered and u don't go over 10 knots my mates use this rule on a Quintrex Bow Rider 5.3 meter boat with a 130hp Yamaha we have been pulled up at lease 7-8 times by police and maritime check your regulations in QLD it may be similar, i have my license so if they say my mates cannot drive for some reason i pull out mine

I have a 3hp Yamaha on my 10 ft. cat
    It does 5knots. Wont plane. Pretty sure Qld rules are : up to 4 hp no rego. Up to 6hp no lisence
    My motor is now seized,looking for another one if you hear of anything let me know. Im in Redcliffe ,Brisbane northside.
    tug
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

In QLD I always thought it was under 10hp OR non planing and INCAPABLE of 10 knots - not just doing under 10 for no license.
    Could be wrong as always.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    In QLD I always thought it was under 10hp OR non planing and INCAPABLE of 10 knots - not just doing under 10 for no license.
    Could be wrong as always.

When I first got into boating, it was anything over 4hp or powered and launched at a public ramp required rego. Anything over 6 Hp or capable of over 10 knots regardless of horsepower required a license. I had a quick look at the rego/license requirements the other night and the 10 knot reference seems to have vanished - probably too hard to police.

Well 10 years ago it was definitely under 10 hp no license. Was rego'd tho. Dealer gave me instructions for deristricting the 9.9 Mariner back to a 15hp...when I got a license of course. ...

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    When I first got into boating, it was anything over 4hp or powered and launched at a public ramp required rego. Anything over 6 Hp or capable of over 10 knots regardless of horsepower required a license. I had a quick look at the rego/license requirements the other night and the 10 knot reference seems to have vanished - probably too hard to police.

dealer told me other day,he eluded to even under 4hp ,,,, if launched at a boat ramp still needed rego... spose they want amenaties paid for, there is some confusion over this as u said scotta stuff we all thought is not exactly stated online..

In qld 4hp and under doesn’t require rego, regardless of where you launch.

Ausfish Silver Member

yeah thats what i thought fish, but as said people still aint sure.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by tug_tellum View Post
    I have a 3hp Yamaha on my 10 ft. cat
    It does 5knots. Wont plane. Pretty sure Qld rules are : up to 4 hp no rego. Up to 6hp no lisence
    My motor is now seized,looking for another one if you hear of anything let me know. Im in Redcliffe ,Brisbane northside.
    tug

tug i pm you, re want a motor.