Thread: What’s my Boat worth

What’s my Boat worth

Just putting the feelers out there.

Thinking of upgrading, so I’m keen to see what people think my boat is worth. I have my thoughts, that’s not always what others think.

2000 model Seafarer V-Sea I excellent condition. It has a 2000 model Johnson Oceanpro 115hp (V4) with 200 hours. It sits on Tinker (Seafarer) single axle trailer.

The boat has the following:
    New (12 months old) custom made boat cover, Bimini with front and side clears

In dash (flush mount) Garmin 75SV (GPS/Fishfinder) with Airmar B60 Thru Hull transducer

GME stereo with external speakers

GME Marine UHF

Compass

Plumbed live bait well

Bulge pump

Stainless underfloor fuel tank (about 90 litres)

etc etc

The boat, motor and trailer are in outstanding condition.

The boat has been garaged all it life except for the last 2 years

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: What’s my Boat worth

15 to 20 with around 17 my best guess.

Its hard because what your opinion is on its value wont always match a buyers offer, and can be upsetting, horses for courses, your model boat is well known and respected, in good nick looked after and low hours, 18 year old boat with 200 hours, maybe three services done to it, not a lot of use. i personally would buy a boat like yours if i were in the market however i think the engine (johnson) is the weakest link. my opinion only , have had a johnson before, didnt think much off it , however the whole package is in outstanding condition, but the best i could offer you in a imaginery scenerio is 15-16k.....unfortunately.

Okay. Boat/motor has done 200hrs in 18 years so just over 10 hours usage per year ( 2-4 days). Why do you need to upgrade? Doesn’t sound like you are hammering the boat why is this boat failing to meet your needs?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    Okay. Boat/motor has done 200hrs in 18 years so just over 10 hours usage per year ( 2-4 days). Why do you need to upgrade? Doesn’t sound like you are hammering the boat why is this boat failing to meet your needs?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    I’ve only had the boat a short time. Previous owner was an older gentleman who bought it for his kids and grandkids and nobody wanted to use it

When I bought it, it had net been in the water for four years, just stayed in the garage.

I have had fun in this I assure you, but I now have a son who wants to fish with me and my best fishing buddy and it’s a little squeezie.

That’s the only reason

Id agree with price estimates above. The 2 stoke motor really will be its draw back. People are prepared to spend too much extra imo on 4 stroke due to fuel savings when in reality most wont do the hours to get the actual savings back.

The extras dont really add value, can just make it a little easier to sell.

If youre not desperate ask on higher end and see if someone local just cant be arsed hunting around. But Id drop price reasonably quickly as the downside of sitting on a higher price for too long is people who are serious and in no rush may not bother with it and when you drop price they start to think something is wrong with it.

There is an Edencraft I was thinking about but was too exy to have a look at. Sat at same price for a long time, I bought another boat and noticed it was still for sale around 2yrs later.

Double post

At the end of the day, its a clean boat with a honest history, there are two types of buyers, those that know and those that dont know. If that were my boat, i would advertise it for $21.500 and target the sale towards someone that wants to get a start in the boating/leisure scene. Your going to get lowball offers all the time, but that boat would be appealing to the newbie fisho, its a smart looking hull, and some one that doesnt know would give you 18-20k im thinking.

I wouldnt buy it. By the looks of the pictures,When its not on the trailer its stuck on sand banks.
    I hit enough sand banks now with the boat I got.
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Quote Originally Posted by tug_tellum View Post
    I wouldnt buy it. By the looks of the pictures,When its not on the trailer its stuck on sand banks.
    I hit enough sand banks now with the boat I got.
    Waiting for tide to come in at South Durras boat ramp

I think catshark has it right. Its going to appeal to somebody that wants a clean , modern looking boat or somebody that wants this particular boat. Those of us who have more experience would be a little fussy and probably not interested in this type of boat. The motor would be something i would take into account factoring a replacement.
    Another thing that works against you is that there are so many boats on the market because boats are so resiliant. There are lots of good buys in the $15,000 - $25,000 range. And all of them have smokeys on the back. I am currently looking around to buy and the difference between a brand new topender vs an older boat aint that much that i am prepared to risk my money. No matter how nice and appealing, i have to be supper critical when i buy. Remember, even the Pope is short with the truth.