Thread: Sydney Harbour Assistance

Sydney Harbour Assistance

Hi,

Wondering if there is anyone here who can give me a hand around Sydney Harbour? Fairly new boat owner, would like some guidance on anchoring my 5.92m bowrider close to shore etc. Willing to compensate for assistance.

Thanks.

Re: Sydney Harbour Assistance

Watch out a Yellow Tail King Fish doesn't swallow your anchor, they are very hungry ambushing predators this time of the year,

just lower your anchor slowly so it doesn't tangle than when it hits the bottom let out another 5-10 meters of rope tie it off to a cleat on your boat, its always best to leave the motor running untill the anchor sets into the sand u will feel the front of the boat "pull" when the anchor sets in

try anchoring a little further out from the beach and once u understand the anchoring than u can move closer just remember tides change so don't anchor to close

hopefully your not anchoring up for a perv haha

Thanks mate. What water depth should i look for close to shore? 1.5 metres on the depth sounder?

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Mate we have 1.5 meter tides in Sydney how close do u really need to be to the beach? there are rules for boating near swimmers and patrolled beaches in NSW

there is a nudest beach at botany bay if its your thing haha

if its a swimming thing or your scared of being far away from land go anchor up near a wharf or something, check out the NSW maps on RMS website for where you can go where u can anchor and where u cannot

check out Dangar Marine you tube, he has a video on everything boating and targets novice boat handlers, he has a good video on anchoring, docking your vessel etc etc.. well worth checking him out.