Thread: Caloundra offshore 19th April

Caloundra offshore 19th April

Gday guys, just a quick report of a very ordinary day out yesterday. Left Caloundra about 0600 for a very slow trip out. Stopped at a beacon for livies but too sloppy to comfortably get close to beacon. 1 livie only. Continued slowly out to wide Caloundra in pretty sloppy seas and pretty breezy conditions. First drop in 60m saw a small pearly. Around for a second drift for a tiny squire. Off deeper. Fishing 100m line with zero current but bit of wind for nil. Headed north east of cape Moreton and put 1 pearly and 2 hussar in the box. Wind had eased off a bit by now so trip in was good.
    Overall it was pretty ordinary, conditions were sloppy, fishing was very slow although there was some great shows on the sounder however there was no current so fishing was easy with only small leads.
    One positive was I got to fish with Sam (Dignity) which was enjoyable. Thanks Sam for the company.
    I sure hope this weather settles down soon in time for some snapper.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Caloundra offshore 19th April

Lee it was an absolute pleasure to go with you and i got to ride in a Riptide, now i know why no one wants to sell theirs uness upgrading. Conditions werent great as Lee mentions, we wondered how wide the bar was as it just didnt ease up. As mentioned there some great shows but they just weren't on the chew, there was no current at all which was probably the cause, no run, no fun. I still a great day on the water, thanks again (still didn't get to try out my electric reel)

Re: Caloundra offshore 19th April

I forgot to add that I was still uncertain the night before of going as I had had a torrid week but the prospect of going fishing must have worked as I woke up feeling 100% and added another experience under the belt, going through locks in a boat.