Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Alvey Lives

  1. #1

    Alvey Lives

    Yes, Alvey Reels Australia today announced it will keep its doors open and continue to manufacturer in Queensland.

    Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

    For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here





  2. #2

    Re: Alvey Lives

    Good stuff

  3. #3

    Re: Alvey Lives

    Used them a heap from rock and beach fishing but zero from the boat.

    Have a nice collection including 6 old timber models from T Model Ford era

    My two favorites are the 6 1/2" deep spool filled with about a kilometer of 40lb line and a 7" tailor model - nice and quick to retrieve.

    A good family business - hope it lives on
    Cheers

    Trev

  4. #4

    Re: Alvey Lives

    Great news.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #5

    Re: Alvey Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Used them a heap from rock and beach fishing but zero from the boat.

    Have a nice collection including 6 old timber models from T Model Ford era

    My two favorites are the 6 1/2" deep spool filled with about a kilometer of 40lb line and a 7" tailor model - nice and quick to retrieve.

    A good family business - hope it lives on
    Great reals to collect, so much history. I have over 30 and at least 1 Alvey from each decade from 1930's onward. They started in the 1920's so I my collection isn't totally complete. What I do love about my collection is every that reel was owned and fished by either myself, my dad, or my grandfather.
    My favs are my Grandfather's 1930's rosewood & brass 5" reel with the fishing "cord" still attached (before mono or nylon), and my Father's 1970's 7" red cedar Alvey with a ball bearing race (they didn't make many of those at all) plus an Alvey fly reel.
    I also have a few of those old round Alvey bakelite tackle boxes that a few of us older guys might remember.
    ~~~><))))*>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us