Thread: Dometic Iceboxes

Dometic Iceboxes

Spotted the 110 ltr at Anaconda today for $279 on special , these boxes any good ??, any out there owning one of these with feedback in the Good , Bad or Average ?? would appreciate feedback please..
    Cheers

Re: Dometic Iceboxes

Dometic are the parent company of waeco and seem to be rebranding waeco as dometic. These eskies are the same as the old waeco cool ice eskies of which I own a 60l and i’ve been very happy with it. It’s strong, durable and keeps ice well.
    Cheers

Yes own 2 hold ice better than my evea cool fibreglass esky
    And tough as well

Mate check out Freddy's at Brendale first, they're pretty good on the price of those esky's. I have an 85 litre and it works unreal.

I've got 3 of the original COOL ICE ( a couple of the small 15lt & a 55lt) IMO , At best they are Ok. My issue is that the thickness of the LLDPE skin on the larger models are very thin and can be split - specially if the insulation and outer skin has a gap .
    Compare a Dometic vs a EvaKool , Icytek , Chilly Chest and you will see what I mean ( nothing changed when they became Dometic)

Yes they do keep ice well because of the sealing design but I would be considering them a esky you can knock around

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO