Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bribe passage

Bribe passage

Hello legends,
    first time poster here.

Looking for a few tips. Heading up on the weekend to rent a boat for the day and fish the high/run-out tide.
    Any tips where I could drop a sabiki jig to catch some small live bait? Wanting to fish near the bridge for some snapper etc...

Re: Bribe passage

You should be able to catch a few livies under the bridge itself - pike and herring - but might be easier with a cast net than a bait jig. The bridge fishes well at times. Big tides this weekend so best on the turn of the tide. Anchor under the bridge and cast lightly weighted baits up current and drift them back towards you. When the run picks up it will be impossible to fish so you will have to go elsewhere. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You should be able to catch a few livies under the bridge itself - pike and herring - but might be easier with a cast net than a bait jig. The bridge fishes well at times. Big tides this weekend so best on the turn of the tide. Anchor under the bridge and cast lightly weighted baits up current and drift them back towards you. When the run picks up it will be impossible to fish so you will have to go elsewhere. Hope this helps
    Helps heaps thanks. Will fish the flats when the run gets too much.

Any other types of bait I could use to catch some snapper etc?

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Drift from the bridge towards the jetty, plenty of rubble through there and some decent pan sized snapper can be found. I prefer yellowtail pike fillets about the size of your finger with just enough weight to reach the bottom.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Drift from the bridge towards the jetty, plenty of rubble through there and some decent pan sized snapper can be found. I prefer yellowtail pike fillets about the size of your finger with just enough weight to reach the bottom.
    Thanks for for the tips. Will post results from weekend. Cheers.

Don't leave crab pots unattended.
    Mine got raided ,cut open and bait bags got taken.
    Last Sunday.

Didnt put any crab pots down.

Got a 2 35cm bream at bridge at high tide. Runout tide got too much. Fished the flats up the passage with only little luck. Pumped plenty of yabbies and while i was there then headed up tp the wreckage. Caught a 43 cm whiting. Moved onto mouth of ningi and caught about 6 30-35 cm breams. Had a bit of fun catching the stings. Mate caught shovel nose sting - bigger then 1m.

14.04.201820180414_165231.jpg

You done well there, particularly for someone who doesn't know the area well. Good feed.

Nice catch mate although you might need to learn how to use that ruler

Quote Originally Posted by bustaonenut View Post
    Nice catch mate although you might need to learn how to use that ruler
    How am i meant to use it? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You done well there, particularly for someone who doesn't know the area well. Good feed.
    Thanks. Obviously dont want to rent a boat everytime but looking forward to learning the passage and deep sea fishing in coral sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew jones View Post
    How am i meant to use it? Haha

Fishes nose against the upright section. I too was looking for the 43 cm Whiting or was that a typo and should 34cm Whiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Fishes nose against the upright section. I too was looking for the 43 cm Whiting or was that a typo and should 34cm Whiting.
    Jesus i feel like a gumby. 34 cm. Cheers

Hello M.J. To my untrained eye I would suggest that two fish in that photo, second row down could be silver grunter.

Just as a precaution check your minimum size requirements.

I am probably wrong but may pay to check.

Haji-Baba