Thread: 2015 70 HP 2 stroke Tohatsu motor

2015 70 HP 2 stroke Tohatsu motor

PB100001.JPGHi all Can any one give me a rough idea of fuel use from this 70 Hp Tohatsu On a 5met Alloy Express boat witch weighs about 700Kg
    Cheers COL

Re: 2015 70 HP 2 stroke Tohatsu motor

Col

Not much. Is that the 5m or the 5.2 version? A David Payne build.

I had the 5.6 m version with a 90 V4 rude and a mate had the 5.2 with a 60 or 70 HP .
    Great boat. We used to pull cray pots in big seas and he used to play in the surf break with his too

Not many around but worth grabbing given the asking $s are low these days

The right to build them went to Malaysia and Indonesia a while ago
    https://www.google.com.au/search?cli....0.58a1ujOxOsU
    Enjoy

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Are you talking the 3cyl carby 2 stroke? If so I had a 60hp tohatsu which is the same motor except for the middle carb. It was mounted to an old 4.9 Clark abalone. While I never measured fuel figures i would say for a carby 2 stroke it was very economical.

Hi Chimo I bought it 12 months ago & have don a mob of renovation & up grades it came with a 1989 60 Hp Yamaha 2 stroke I have been offered a 70 Hp Tohatsu with very low hrs less than 20 Hr
    I Thought it would be a good upgrade on the Express the boat is a 5 m model

It doesn't help but I have found my 40hp 3cyl Tohatsu 2 stroke to be very economical and ultra reliable. Great motors.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

The American's say if u have a 10hp it'll use 1 gallon per hour full throttle, if u have 100hp it'll use 10 gallons per hour full throttle but there are a lot of factors, glass vs alloy, full boat or solo also you should use less fuel if u put the max hp rated for your boat on it so you can use less throttle less rpm

but all this goes out the window with technology and only applies to older technology 2 stroke carb models

u use to go out a lot with mates in there Quintrex Freedom Sport 5.3m alot of inside and outside fishing, 80L tank 115hp Yamaha carb would last all day, we even done a couple long runs from up the Georges River down to Botany Bay around 22km's each way on a tank

Thats a nice general rule for fuel consumption.