Thread: Lowrance TI9

Lowrance TI9

Iam having trouble with depth reading. Sometimes it shows depth then just shows 3 small lines

I did the update couple weeks ago, and went for a fish and went great. It took a long time to load yesterday but was working then lost the depth and then just come and go

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Lowrance TI9

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Iam having trouble with depth reading. Sometimes it shows depth then just shows 3 small lines

I did the update couple weeks ago, and went for a fish and went great. It took a long time to load yesterday but was working then lost the depth and then just come and go

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Greg
    Just an quick obvious one, but did you check the default sounder setting is still for the T19 or equivalent ?

When you say it took a long time to load yesterday - do you mean the MFD start up ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evo, I just looked up how to restore to default . I did that and s drpthbreafing came up on screen even though boat was in the yard. I then pressed couple buttons just to see screen and the depth just disappeared leaving just 3 dashes.

When I turned it on the other day when inbthdvwater I just notice it took a few minutes to load up the screen with sonar reading

It was working fine last week

You'll have to wait till you get her on the water to see how it really goes.
    Did you do a system backup of settings and waypoints before the update ?
    I'm guessing default won't help your cause much re the transducer configuration. ie You'll have to select your T19 transducer again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All good thanks mate.

It is not uncommon to need to reboot the software after a update has been done. This is called a Hard Reset by Lowrance. It usually sorts out these kinds of weird problems.

But before you do this you must backup all waypoints tracks and settings to a SD card, you can then upload them again after the reset is completed.

This is how to do a hard reset:

1. Turn unit off.
    2. Press and hold the + and - keys at the same time.
    3. Press and release the PWR key
    4. Release all buttons when the USA map appears.

Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thanks moonlihter. Norsidemaine saod transducer wasnt showin so they did someting and said to test onwater. If sillno pod iwill dp urs.

Ow oi put waypoints on sd card?

mate this is all eyond me lol

cheers
    greg

Ok Greg - it sounds like during the software update, the transducer setting may have been lost.

If it happens again, or you just want to be sure your unit has the correct transducer selected, you check it like this:

press power button, menu pops up
    select settings
    select sonar
    scroll down the list and select installation
    scroll down to the bottom of the list, see transducer type, the type listed there should be your transducer model, but if its not, select transducer type and a list pops up, you can scroll down and select your transducer model from the list. Your transducer model is most likely listed on the box your unit came in, if not, it has a small silver tag on the cable near the plug. It will have a model number on it.

To save your waypoints and back up the unit settings (things like the units of measure, chart mode etc), the steps are as follows:

1. get a micro SD card of no more than 32GB capacity.
    2. Take your map card out and insert the blank card. You do not want to accidentally save anything else to the map card!
    3. press the pages button.
    4. On the left side a list of things pops up, scroll down to files. Select files.
    5. a new page opens, listing various file locations. Select Waypoints, routes, trails and trips
    6. from the popup, select export
    7. it defaults to user data format Version 6, so just hit export.
    8. It will ask you to give the file a name. Use something simple like “Backup April 18” so that it is easy to recognise.
    9. it now saves your waypoints etc to the SD card under that file name.

Now need to continue and do the same thing for your settings. Leave the same SD card in.
    Do step 3 above, but this time select settings database.
    1. Select the memory card
    2. Give the file a name, I would just add a 1 to the settings name that pops up, so its “Settings1”
    3. Hit enter a message will pop up saying its saved settings to the SD card. Done.

If you need to copy the waypoints and settings back to your unit, its much the same procedure, except this time you will restore them from the files stored on the SD card. So:

1. Press the pages button
    2. this time, select the memory card from the top of the list. It will open the memory card and you will see all the files saved there.
    3. Select the file with your waypoints etc, then select import.
    Done.

You can take the SD card out when done. The waypoints are only copied to it, they are still on the machine it its internal memory.

Once you are in those menus, its pretty obvious what the next step is, so your unit may be slightly different to the above, but it will be close, just follow what seems logical and you will be OK.

Its a really really good idea to save those waypoints and settings to the SD card every 6 months or so, especially if you are adding new waypoints on fishing trips as you find new secret spots. This way, if something bad happens to your unit, you have all your precious data saved.

cheers!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I just saw ur reply moonlighter?
    I took it to northsode marine and they said same as u about transducer. They loaded it , did couple other things and after a water test today , its working again.

Thankyou for your trouble and great advice.

Iam keeping your notes.

thanks again
    cheers
    greg